PDA

View Full Version : i figured this dope thing out

swoop
08-03-2006, 03:36 PM
the only possible answer to floyd's dilemma is obvious to me. al qaeda. clearly osama is behind this and there are only a few options. we can send the military into pennsylvania and liberate the mennonites or we can just invade some random country looking for hidden caches of testosterone.

it's the only answer that makes sense. i mean.. can we invade floyd on an individual level and liberate him?

Big Dan
08-03-2006, 03:43 PM
PARIS (AP) -- Dehydration is the latest possible reason offered for Tour de France winner Floyd Landis' elevated testosterone levels.

"Maybe a combination of dehydration, maximum effort," said Jose Maria Buxeda, after testing began Thursday on the cyclist's backup doping sample.

But that defense was flatly rejected by one of the world's top anti-doping officials.

"In 25 years of experience of testing testosterone ... such a huge increase in the level of testosterone cannot be accepted to come from any natural factors," said Prof. Christiane Ayotte, director of Montreal's anti-doping laboratory.

"If dehydration was the case, then marathon runners would be testing positive all the time. Tennis players would be testing positive all the time. Dehydration is a medical condition that requires hospitalization. It has been invoked in the past, but not one case -- to my knowledge -- has been successful in this argument."

swoop
08-03-2006, 03:48 PM
i'm sure we could run over floyd with the truck and then have some dude make a speech about the war on doping being won.
floyd is gonna have a lot of bad press come his way... i feel for the kid.

Climb01742
08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
just try to say "potable". sounds odd. and not very appealing.

e-RICHIE
08-03-2006, 04:17 PM
sufiism is the new mennonite atmo.

catulle
08-03-2006, 04:52 PM
No, no more bloodshed...! No more interventions...! Let us all dope. How about that...? Let the whole world dope and then there won't be anyone to race "clean". That'd be the end of this nonsense. All cyclists must wear a yellow wristband with a red syringe on one side and the word DOPE on the other, and show to the start of every race smoking ganja. When taken to jail, we all start singing something like We Are the World, We Are the Children but with lyrics like We Are Like Floyd, We Are Like Armstrong...

Gosh, this is bad. I wish this whole mess would just disappear.

Big Dan
08-03-2006, 05:11 PM
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again

Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand
In a...desperate land

swoop
08-03-2006, 05:36 PM
No, no more bloodshed...! No more interventions...! Let us all dope. How about that...? Let the whole world dope and then there won't be anyone to race "clean". That'd be the end of this nonsense. All cyclists must wear a yellow wristband with a red syringe on one side and the word DOPE on the other, and show to the start of every race smoking ganja. When taken to jail, we all start singing something like We Are the World, We Are the Children but with lyrics like We Are Like Floyd, We Are Like Armstrong...

you know .. just the opposite. this is what is real. if it disappears it just means we are in fantasy world. you can't deal with what is real unless you live it. we ask athletes to do stoopid things for our entertainment and then we pay a few of them like it's important. nothing about it is real. it needs to be uncovered.. not because it is bad..but because we live in a real and chaotic world and sports are no different. it may be messy.. but it's easier to integrate if it's real. myths of perfection do a lot of damage.

e-RICHIE
08-03-2006, 06:09 PM
you know .. just the opposote. this is what is real. if it disappears it just means we are in fantasy world. you can't deal with what is real unless you live it. we ask athletes to do stoopid things for our entertainment and then we pay a few of them like it's important. nothing about it is real. it needs to be uncovered.. not because it is bad..but because we live in a real and chaotic world and sports are no different. it may be messy.. but it's easier to intgrate if it's real. myths of perfection do a lot of damage.
can i see ten effin' amens here atmo?

swoop
08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
ya either took the red pill or the blue one.
amen myself.

catulle
08-03-2006, 06:33 PM
ya either took the red pill or the blue one.
amen myself.

I'm partial to green beanies, and sheep testicles, atmo.

Fixed
08-03-2006, 06:40 PM
a lamb to slaughter
cheers

Marcusaurelius
08-03-2006, 07:32 PM

Hmmm, so you advocate some sort of totalitarian fascist state where everyone is guilty by assosciation or by rumour? Those who aren't convicted of anything are simply humbled by defamatory comments or insults like what you make?

yeehawfactor
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Hmmm, so you advocate some sort of totalitarian fascist state where everyone is guilty by assosciation or by rumour? Those who aren't convicted of anything are simply humbled by defamatory comments or insults like what you make?
catulle is clearly a freedom hater. he hates freedom. he loves terror.

Grant McLean
08-03-2006, 08:33 PM
you know .. just the opposote. this is what is real. if it disappears it just means we are in fantasy world. you can't deal with what is real unless you live it. we ask athletes to do stoopid things for our entertainment and then we pay a few of them like it's important. nothing about it is real. it needs to be uncovered.. not because it is bad..but because we live in a real and chaotic world and sports are no different. it may be messy.. but it's easier to integrate if it's real. myths of perfection do a lot of damage.

So just what kind of Tour is it you want swoop?

It's ok they do the drugs because they have to, and they always
have, and then it's a non story when they get caught because
it's just what they do?

Don't expect many people to go along with that, my friend.

Doping is killing the sponsors. Many are going to walk away,
and that's going to kill the only reason why the sport exsists.

The reason the industry hypocrits talk the "anti-doping" talk is for the
benefit of the people paying the bills. How many corporate
sponsors want to deal with this crap on a daily basis?
OJ anyone?

g

Avispa
08-04-2006, 12:09 AM
catulle is clearly a freedom hater. he hates freedom. he loves terror.

Or maybe he just doesn't buy the Bin Laden boogey man story.... Ho' bout them WMD's hard to find, no? ;)

swoop
08-04-2006, 12:53 AM
So just what kind of Tour is it you want swoop?

It's ok they do the drugs because they have to, and they always
have, and then it's a non story when they get caught because
it's just what they do?

Don't expect many people to go along with that, my friend.

Doping is killing the sponsors. Many are going to walk away,
and that's going to kill the only reason why the sport exists.

The reason the industry hypocrits talk the "anti-doping" talk is for the
benefit of the people paying the bills. How many corporate
sponsors want to deal with this crap on a daily basis?
OJ anyone?

g
the world i want and the world i live in are two separate things. i want to live in the world as it is rather than a world i mold to fit my fantasies about life. i don't want to live in the idealized. i personally live in the real world but work within that beautiful muck to make it the world i want it to be. i do this to the the extent that i changed careers from selling people stuff they don't need to helping take care of the mentally ill (and making 1/2 as much money).
i race clean and when i do win money it goes 100% to charity.
but i live in a world where people use whatever means available to win. and i live in a world that is focused too much on the win. i live in a world that wants to make sporting achievements into something sentimental... and i live in a world where sports reflect society.
there are beautiful things happening in all sports... just usually not where we are told to look. i admire a domestiqes skill and dedication as much as i admire the guy that wins. but i also know that many folks i race against dope. i admire heroic efforts, but i also admire the mundane suffering that is cycling.i think the most heroic efforts come after one has doped and then re-entered clean.
we all have personal limits and we all suffer consequences. the win isn't worth it to me.. the joy is in the riding. the tdf as it is .. that's the tdf i watch. seems to me some people are watching the same race but are seeing it through their desires and naivity rather than as it is.

what i am saying is that we dont live in a clean world. we never have and we never will. but that doesn't mean that everyone is dirty. we all do what we can to get by. there are rules and punishment to pay and they are depper personal consequences to doping that no one can escape. i want a clean tour. i also want to sleep with christy turlington. there are a lot of things i want.. but let's agree to meet and relate in the realm of what is.
there is, was, and will always be a lot of doping in sport.
i love sport. i support clean racing... but we aren't there. i admire and respect clean racers. but there are plenty of doped one's i admire and respect too.