PDA

View Full Version : OT but related to Lance thread

93legendti
01-29-2017, 12:22 AM
To those who posted nicely about my Uncle, I am sorry I didn't get to thank you before the thread was locked. Thank you. He is one of a kind.

Here's an article about my Uncle and the Nazi Dr. he brought down. I think this article led to 60 Minutes contacting him.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Even-after-50-years-Marin-doctor-says-he-can-t-3152429.php

Apparently he had quite the practice and treated Michael Bloomfield (he recognized him from the cover of a Guitar Player Mag I was reading), Huey Lewis, Gary Fisher (bike related!) and if I recall correctly, Jerry Garcia...

I hope this doesn't break down into a Campy vs Shimano bs Stam war and I apologize if it does.

I just thought there might be some interest...

happycampyer
01-29-2017, 02:22 AM
Such a powerful story. Kudos to your uncle. "Then they came for the disabled Catholic children..."

gasman
01-29-2017, 03:45 AM
Insomniacs everywhere love the story. It takes men with this kind of courage and tenacity sometimes to expose wrongdoings.

Good on him.

soulspinner
01-29-2017, 04:03 AM
Thanks for posting this

93legendti
01-29-2017, 08:28 AM
Such a powerful story. Kudos to your dad. "Then they came for the disabled Catholic children..."

My Uncle, actually. But thanks all for the kind words. For years he travelled the globe lecturing for free about Nazi and Japanese atrocities during WWII.

The FBI told him to buy a gun while this was happening because of the death threats.

A team of wild horses couldn't budge him from his mission.

saab2000
01-29-2017, 08:36 AM
I am sure you are very proud of your uncle, as you ought to be! May we all have the courage to speak out against injustice like this. It's not always easy. In fact, it's often difficult to do the right thing.

slidey
01-30-2017, 04:41 AM
Thanks for sharing an interesting, and inspiring family story!

93legendti
01-30-2017, 07:14 AM
Thanks for sharing an interesting, and inspiring family story!

My pleasure.