PDA

View Full Version : Reaching the turnaround?

Too Tall
08-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Next yr. my racing age is 50!!! I'm eligible for AARP!!!!! Ayeeeee. Denial is my middle name.

I said I'd race RAAM when I turned 50. Now that seems selfish, I'd rather do something BIG with Queen :)

I'm in the hunt and maybe you've got suggestions both goals and things to consider and help me focus.

Fire it up.

Roy E. Munson
08-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Try turning the reacharound!!!

jeffg
08-03-2006, 09:47 AM
how about the Race Across the Alps?

e-RICHIE
08-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Next yr. my racing age is 50!!! I'm eligible for AARP!!!!! Ayeeeee. Denial is my middle name.

I said I'd race RAAM when I turned 50. Now that seems selfish, I'd rather do something BIG with Queen :)

I'm in the hunt and maybe you've got suggestions both goals and things to consider and help me focus.

Fire it up.
go to provo, just once in your life atmo.

Too Tall
08-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Twizz, you don't know meeeeee ;) Little known fact...I lived in SW Wyoming for a couple yrs. doing my best Kinky Friedman thaing and I DID go to Provo often....however it was only to chase the Debs. Scarey sheep man, don't ever turn your back on em'.

Race across the Alps. Hmm. Def. Corneal Tattooworthy.

sspielman
08-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Twizz, you don't know meeeeee ;) Little known fact...I lived in SW Wyoming for a couple yrs. doing my best Kinky Friedman thaing and I DID go to Provo often....however it was only to chase the Debs. Scarey sheep man, don't ever turn your back on em'.

Can you confirm the rumor that it was actually you who ghost-wrote "Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed" for Kinky Friedman?

e-RICHIE
08-03-2006, 10:36 AM

ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
i married a deb atmo.
3mm degrees of separation?

davep
08-03-2006, 10:46 AM

How about racing RAAM with the Queen on a two person team? I'll crew and I'm sure you could get enough to have a full crew just from this forum.

Too Tall
08-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Twizzz...basically we both married up ;)

You had to say it. Raam on tandem. Yikes. Queen and I have discussed it in real terms. Nothing. We both usually go silent after a few mins.

Sspielman - I keep him in Stogies...it's the vig on an old debt.

davep
08-03-2006, 12:33 PM
TT,

I was suggesting RAAM as a two person team on two single bikes, relay style. Ride 6 hours, rest 6 hours, repeat for 8 days. What fun! Would be easier (though still brutal) than on a tandem.

Lincoln
08-03-2006, 12:54 PM

Kemererererer?
Evanston?
Little America?

Debs in Provo??????

Too Tall
08-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Little America....sigh.
My little slice of heaven while working the coal fields.
Clean shirt, fresh shave, polish on the boots and chat up a few interesting folks. Re-adjust the sideview mirrors and back over the three sisters for another few weeks of he!!.

Mixed two person team. Hmm. No, she'd hate that.

znfdl
08-03-2006, 02:52 PM
How about Pac Tour's Morthern Tour next year on Tandem. Getting up and over the Big Horn Mountains would be a great feat.

stevep
08-03-2006, 03:57 PM
hey tt, welcome to the 50+.
hey, the good side is that you are not dead yet...even though there are times when it is not so clear.
i recommend a month in europe in the alps including france, italy and switzerland.
will clear your head.

mike p
08-03-2006, 04:00 PM
go to provo, just once in your life atmo.

What happens in provo stays in provo.

Mike

ShockTreatment
08-03-2006, 04:18 PM
TT - Check this. I believe it's in the same place each year.

http://www.velomasters.com/

stevep
08-03-2006, 04:21 PM
TT - Check this. I believe it's in the same place each year.

http://www.velomasters.com/

my main man dmitri goes every year. he loves this event.

znfdl
08-03-2006, 04:56 PM
What happens in provo stays in provo.

Mike

How do I get to Provo?

Do they allow Lansmen in Provo?

mike p
08-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Go to Chester CT. and hang a left.

Miike