PDA

View Full Version : Time to 'fess up - Open House Roll Call

Bruce K
04-09-2004, 04:39 PM
OK Gang,

Ginger and I were talking today and we realized that we really haven't had much Open House discussion since the original thread way back when it was first announced.

So here we go....

1. Who is coming?
2. When are you arriving?
3. Where are you staying?

and the bouns question.....

BBDave are you organizing the Friday night beer and band bash again this year? :beer: :D

2 months and counting .... :banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
04-09-2004, 05:13 PM
. . . but we would need to decide where to have it. Should we do The Parting Glass again? Or shall I go do additional “research” ;) on other appropriate nightspots? And Ben in that hula skirt was great, but what other entertainment could we find that could top that? Sandy in that Norma Kamali gown? . . . :eek:

I hope we get a big crowd this year because it’s earlier in the season and weather should be nice! (Crossing of fingers as I write this!)

BBDave

Smiley
04-09-2004, 05:49 PM
My wife and I are in . We got a room at the Bates Motel , huh I mean the Springs Motel. We'll be in early Friday afternoon so the first mate can check out the plant and do some shoping . Maybe I ride the tandem for the Gala Event . Anybody else got the stones to climb them hills on a Big Bike for two.

Bruce K
04-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Should have answered my own questions. :crap:

1. I will be there. I am trying to drag another Serotta owner or two (non-forum members) tp join me.
2.Trying for Friday by early evening.
3. Springs Motel

BK

Climb01742
04-09-2004, 06:05 PM
i'm coming with my significant other (or as she likes to be called my magnificent other.) forget exactly where we're staying (info is @ office.) we'll be arriving friday afternoon. how will we know/recognize each other? my bike insanity isn't visually apparent (unless of course you see my basement.) bbdave, do you wear your bb outfit all the time? smiley, are you always smiling? think we can bamboozle the jerk into coming? he could wear a disguise. :rolleyes:

ps-- bruce, as date gets closer, lets try to coordinate our drive from beantown. a serotta car-o-van.

hypnos
04-09-2004, 06:15 PM
:bike: Arriving Friday late afternoon. Forgot where I'm staying. Will be off the whole week, so I plan to do more cycling than just the weekend. Thinking about going to Lake Placid for a few days. Is anyone else planning to make more than a weekend out of this? :bike:

Bruce K
04-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Or, in lieu of that identifier, Serotta baseball caps, t-shirts, etc. should make for good conversation starters.

BBDave made name tags for the party on Friday and that was rather fun.

If Alyson can resurrect the old forum photos from the Owner's weekend you will get to see some of us.

BK

PS Climb - a serotta caravan just might work. It will mostly depend on if I am going out solo or bringing freinds. Solo is early, freinds will delay the departure.

Smiley
04-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Bruce , I am having BBDave write in his own words an piece about the BBdave great adventure weekend here in Merryland. Serotta Alyson has promised to publish it on the web and we'll have photo's of the insanity that will have taken place. This should feed the fire for people wanting to make the Open House. Any takers for skinny dipping in the Springs Motel Pool friday nite ?

BumbleBeeDave
04-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Just when exactly did I agree to write this epic tome about the Adventure ride???

“Dammit, Jim, I’m a DOCTOR, not a journalist!” (Cue transporter noises)

BBDave :banana:

Larry O
04-10-2004, 05:27 AM
As a newbie (forum member and Serotta owner), I'd like to know some more about the open house - I didn't see anything on the website. I gather from the previous posts that there could be some amount of alcohol involved :beer: , and I presume that there could be some cycling involved.
Sounds ideal - how can I find out more, register (if necessary), etc?

Thanks!

BumbleBeeDave
04-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Serotta Annual Open House
June 12 -13 , 2004
Saratoga Springs, NY

Join us for another year of great rides, BBQ, music and of course....Serotta beer! Registration will be posted in the near future. In the meantime....it's never too soon to make your hotel reservations....Saratoga hotels fill up quickly! Here are a few suggestions:

Inn at Saratoga - 518 - 583-1890
Hilton Garden Inn - 518-587-1500
Sheraton 800-359-4827
I’m somewhat mystified as to why they have not posted more info or the registration form by now. Last year I think the ante was $30. We also had a Fridat night “pre-party” which looks to be repeated this year.

BBDave

Smiley
04-10-2004, 08:33 AM
BBDave , I told Alyson that you'd file a report to her about the Adventure ride. We will have lots of people comming from out of town. I think I have Pete , Spoke , Keno , Kevan , csb , Yourself , and VaRider and another guy from Columbia MD . This added to the list of locals like : Sandy , DanL , Flydhest , Doc. , myself , Kristin and Tim and others that don't frequent the boards but own Serottas and were looking at + 20 riders. Weather forecast looks promising for next weekend . Bring wet weather clothes as it will be raining here Sunday thru Wednesday. Call me when you get settled on Monday and have a safe drive down.

M_A_Martin
04-10-2004, 04:53 PM
I should arrive in the area Thursday evening. I will take up residence at the Springs Hotel on Friday night. I will in the area until its time to go away on Monday.

Unfortunately I did not complete the Serotta Forum Dancing Banana Jerseys:
:banana:
:beer:
like I suggested to BruceK. I believe it is now too late to do so, but I might check with a different clothing creator on Monday. Anyone interested?

Smiley
04-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Dancing Banana Jersey ? Yes I am interested . You doing the graphic design ? Maybe Alyson can lend a hand .

Climb01742
04-10-2004, 05:26 PM
me 2. bananas were born to dance.

Bruce K
04-10-2004, 09:39 PM
M-A;

You know I'm in for a jersey if we do it.

That will certainly solve the question of identifying members of the group. :banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

M_A_Martin
04-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Smiley,

Don't we already ask enough of Alyson? Doesn't she already do enough for us without us asking for more?

I think she does so much for us that YOU should bring a present for her to the open house Smiley.

I think we ALL should bring her a present!

She's been wonderful to us. Time to bring a token of our appreciation of her along to the Open House. Bruce had the wonderful idea of bringing her things like T-shirts and mugs with the name of your own hometown on it.
(NO Smiley, not the rock with the plaque in front of the county courthouse).

And no...I don't know what size shirt she wears, Perhaps you can find that out for us Smiley? You have connections! Make the call!
We can give them to her at the bar-b-que on Saturday?
No Bruce, it isn't a suprise anymore, but this way more people can participate if they would like to.

Bruce and everyone else:
On the Jersey: If I can't find a decent price/turnaround time, I won't be doing the project. So far, things haven't looked too bright. However, if you're really interested in a totally unoffical forum jersey, send me an email (mary_annmartin at hotmail. com) with "Unofficial Forum Jersey" in the subject line by Wednesday (April 14th) so that I have an idea of how many jerseys I'm looking for. You won't be ordering, only expressing interest. Sorry. Jerseys will be probably be club cut, not racer cut.

If you have a jersey supplier who you think can do a smaller job with a super short turn around time, send me their contact information by Monday of this week (April 12)

My plan is if I can get a decent price on the jerseys, adding a slight upcharge and donating the proceeds to the same charity that the Open House proceeds go to. Good idea???

As it was to be an unofficial forum only jersey Smiley, I thought I'd try the unofficial forum artist rather than an official Serotta artist. Shinomaster has already volunteered his services.
There will be no actual animation on the jersey, if you want the banana to dance....its a do-it-yourself project...

Ginger

Smiley
04-11-2004, 07:36 AM
I can get that sucker to dance M_A and put me down for a jersey with a Chikta Banana . I will ask Steve to get me Alysons pertinent info so we can jersey her up ! :banana:

Serotta PETE
04-11-2004, 12:09 PM
We got a real good price from the Spring when they realized that SMILEY was going to be there.

SPOKES, PHIL, AND I WILL BE THERE HOPEFULLY THURSDAY EVENING.....TRAFFIC CO-OPERATING!!

SEE YOU THEN AND!!! PETE

Kevin
04-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Ginger,

I sent you a PM, put me down for a jersey.

Kevin

Smiley
04-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Looks like the place to be . The beer will stay cold at the bottom of the pool. The only couple I know who aint there is Fly and the Mrs Fly. The beds were too hard for the Fly Man. He just could not get enough beauty sleep those nites. Pete has the satellite radio and I'll bring the chips and Keno will bring the beer Sierra Nevada ofcourse and were set . Skinny dipping anyone apres midnite?

M_A_Martin
04-11-2004, 05:23 PM
So I don't witness a bunch of naked cyclists in that pool...its a small pool...

All that blinding white skin will make it bright as day.

Ahneida Ride
04-11-2004, 05:28 PM
SEE YOU THEN AND!!! PETE

Maybe this time, I can really ruin the Syncro in Pete's second gear.

Pete. I kept it under 3K rpm's HONEST !!!!!

Kevan
04-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Nudidity, it's not a right, it's a privilege.

I

BumbleBeeDave
04-11-2004, 08:00 PM
. . . needing any beauty sleep. I mean, he’s so PURTEE already!

And Mary Ann, don’t worry--Sandy will have an all over tan, since he always cycles naked . . . . and ME?--I don’t go in for that indecency stuff. I got MY all over tan the modest way--by always riding wearing nothing but saran wrap.

And yes, Kevin, I know, I know . . . you just went blind! :rolleyes:

BBDave

Serotta PETE
04-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Maybe this time, I can really ruin the Syncro in Pete's second gear.

Pete. I kept it under 3K rpm's HONEST !!!!!

Yeah, and Ahneida M3 has a hard time with ##s.....I got pulled on the way out of town by the State Police...Once they saw I was "not him", they let me go...... (I think he rode his bike home that day)

Kevin
04-12-2004, 06:16 AM
. . .
And yes, Kevin, I know, I know . . . you just went blind! :rolleyes:

BBDave

If you take a look at the last picture in the "Naked Pictures of Sandy" thread, you will know why I went blind.

Kevin