PDA

View Full Version : Usain Bolt to return one Olympic Gold after team mate test positive for PEDs

MattTuck
01-25-2017, 09:46 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/38744846

What if an entire TDF team was DQ'd with just one positive test.

BobO
01-25-2017, 10:28 PM
It's a bit harsh to take away the medals from the clean athletes eight years later after a retest. Though I guess I see the point in a cumulative time race like the 4x1.

Based on Bolt's statement, he is a better man than I. I would not be so gracious to my cheating teammate.

Anarchist
01-25-2017, 10:41 PM
It's a bit harsh to take away the medals from the clean athletes eight years later after a retest. Though I guess I see the point in a cumulative time race like the 4x1.

Based on Bolt's statement, he is a better man than I. I would not be so gracious to my cheating teammate.

They didn't take medals away from any clean athletes.

BobO
01-25-2017, 10:49 PM

OK, didn't test positive in the specified event.

Mark McM
01-26-2017, 11:00 AM

Some of Marion Jones' Olympic medals were in team relay events. When she pleaded guilty to doping, the IOC demanded that not only Jones return her medals for these events, but that her relay team members also return their medals. However, several of the relay team members successful appealed this decision, and the decision was overturned and they were allowed to keep their medals (well, all but Marion Jones, anyway).