PDA

View Full Version : I made my son happy

Fixed
08-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I just made him real happy I gave him my cannondale it rocks as a race bike
the feeling i get when he rides with me is too much .he's 13 and I may only have him a few more years before he goes out to his own life .
cheers

Serpico
08-01-2006, 07:09 PM
you're a good guy Fixed, he's lucky to have you as a father

Larry D
08-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Fixed,

Congrats. It is a great feeling to have yuor son riding with you. Enjoy it.

Over the last two years I finally got my sons, 28 & 25, into road cycling and it is wonderful to spend sometime with them on the road. The down side is one son now has my Atlanta and I am not sure I will get it back, but that gives me a reason (excuse) for another bike.

I hope you have many years of enjoyment riding with your son. :banana:

Grant McLean
08-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Fixed, are you adopting?

g

stevep
08-01-2006, 07:57 PM
enjoy the good times.
remember the good times.

J.Greene
08-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I just made him real happy I gave him my cannondale it rocks as a race bike
the feeling i get when he rides with me is too much .he's 13 and I may only have him a few more years before he goes out to his own life .
cheers

fixed, it's a sad reality they leave so soon. enjoy

JG

pale scotsman
08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Just make sure he appreciates what he's got, both in a father and the bike. Too many kids these days get something handed to them and are clueless as to the value of a dollar. I'd have **** bricks if my Dad did something like that. :beer:

Fixed
08-01-2006, 10:25 PM
bro thanks it just makes me ride the merckx corsa more .while i save for a serotta . grant you are already my bro.
cheers

znfdl
08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Fixed:

Thanks for bringing back the memories when my father gave me a Peugot PX-10 when I was ten years old (1970). I got this so that I take part in our neighborhood bike outing which culminated in a century at the end of the summer.

Enjoy the time with your son.

m_moses
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I think I know what you mean, Fixed, about riding with your son. :beer:

My daughters, 10 and 13, just spent the last two weeks with me and we went for bike rides daily. I had a blast riding but the best part was seeing them smile and then looking forward to the next ride. There was'nt any hammering or anything like that . . . just simple tooling around the neighborhood or going to the store to get groceries . . . basic biking . . . but still fun.

Mick

Fixed
08-02-2006, 12:18 PM
bro it's cool I have to watch out or he'll drop the hammer and fly he could be a great cyclist if wanted it . he was state champ. in the crit and t.t. . but he really likes school and wants to be a lawyer to help people . next year he goes to georgetown for a law program for high school students . this summer he has been learning to play golf .he rides with me about 3 times a week .
cheers

shinomaster
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Fixed that is great. I helped get my dad a cannondale which he really likes. He says he has never climbed better up the big local hill (Harris Hill).

rsl
08-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Fixed - what an awesome gift! I'm not a father yet myself, but as a son I cherish the things given to me by my father and the time spent with him.

:beer:

TimB
08-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Fixed!

You're one lucky dude...For it's clear that as happy as you believe you made your son by giving him that bike, he makes you happier just by being your son.

Dekonick
08-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Fixed!

You're one lucky dude...For it's clear that as happy as you believe you made your son by giving him that bike, he makes you happier just by being your son.

+1