PDA

View Full Version : OT: FX - Taboo

Tony T
01-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Into Ep2 and not too bad!
FX always had/has great drama's and FXX comedy.
(Amazon & Netflix are 2nd class compared to FX/FXX)

ultraman6970
01-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Im following this thing, what surprise me is that a lot of actors have no heavy english accent, if they are english like for example the sister, the actress/wife of the defunct which suppose to be irish if im not wrong, even hardi's intonations are quite flat IMO. Make up, wardrobe and locations are just awesome, just like you could imagine from that era. Probably they had to do this or anybody but the europeans were going to understand hehehe

Story is revealing little by little, i like this show.

tuscanyswe
01-19-2017, 06:41 PM
it has a lot of promise thus far.

I usually binge series so having a hard time waiting for a new episode :/

dustyrider
01-19-2017, 07:18 PM
Interesting fx isn't letting this out to Hulu.
Guess I'll wait until Netflix has them all!

Tony T
01-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Why wait? DVR.

R3awak3n
01-19-2017, 08:31 PM
wait, did you say Netflix and Amazon original shows are second rate compared to FX original shows?

in comedy, sure, but drama? nah. they are both good

Tony T
01-19-2017, 09:02 PM
I find the Amazon and Netflix "Originals" to be sub-par. I cancelled them months ago (But will probably give them a try again)
FX Fargo, OJ Simon, The Americans, The Bridge and even the old shows like The Shield — Netflix and Amazon Originals, IMO, are second-rate

R3awak3n
01-19-2017, 09:05 PM
I find the Amazon and Netflix "Originals" to be sub-par. I cancelled them months ago (But will probably give them a try again)

well amazon is free to me since I have prime, amazon is still behind netflix in terms of quality but netflix has stuff like Narcos, Strange things, House of Cards, ect...

I do like FX stuff, don't get me wrong.

Tony T
01-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Didn't like House of Cards (only watched S1). Watched half S1 of Man in High Castle, but got bored (maybe because I read the book again before I watched it) Heard a lot of good things about Nacros (reason why I'll probably re-new Netflix), but when I stream (at a vac home), I usually get all I need with Hulu.