PDA

View Full Version : OT: Skiers

estilley
01-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Killer ski season so far in the west. Who's been up this year?

Can't wait to take my Armada JJ's out this weekend and hit some freshies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christian
01-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Plan is Winter Park this coming weekend, Tahoe for a week in February, and four days in Park City in March. Plus whatever NE backcountry I can scare up. Maybe Tuckerman's last week in March at least. I'm gonna rent something for Winter Park. Rest of the season, I'll be on my 4FRNT VCTs and Dynafiddles.

Bradford
01-17-2017, 03:05 PM
I've been up to Winter Park the last three weekends and will be up every weekend into March. Two Sundays ago was a fantastic powder day...the kind you dream about. This weekend was still pretty good after getting a few feet last week.:banana::banana::banana:

Ski days like the last few weeks make me wonder how people live anywhere else.

David Kirk
01-17-2017, 03:14 PM
We're not having the epic snow fall that some other parts of the west are seeing but it's been a very good, and snowy, season so far.

dave

EricEstlund
01-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Rained in PA again.

MattTuck
01-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Is this doing anything for the drought conditions that we were hearing about last year out west?

estilley
01-17-2017, 03:32 PM
I've been skiing Skibowl for the last 18 years and boy do I love that mountain.

Virtually no lines, most challenging terrain on Mt Hood and a really positive attitude.

It's a place where you can find a powder stash a week after the storm.

estilley
01-17-2017, 03:33 PM
On a semi-related note, anyone skiing the newer Volkl Mantras? Found some on closeout in town and might scoop them up.

estilley
01-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Is this doing anything for the drought conditions that we were hearing about last year out west?

I would say so.

The sierras are getting 10-15 feet with this storm.

It would end the drought but it will make up some ground.

Buzz
01-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Great snow so far in Tahoe and more coming. Already a record breaking January with over 16 feet so far. This was from SugarBowl last weekend.

peanutgallery
01-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Rocker skis in general are a lot of fun and great in the rough stuff, no chatter. volkls are generally geared toward aggressive skiers. With 2 sheets of titanal the mantra is a man's ski, if that's your bag and you need 100mm underfoot go for it. If you want something a little less aggressive, check out the rossi sin/soul or the salomon qst

On a semi-related note, anyone skiing the newer Volkl Mantras? Found some on closeout in town and might scoop them up.

estilley
01-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Rocker skis in general are a lot of fun and great in the rough stuff, no chatter. volkls are generally geared toward aggressive skiers. With 2 sheets of titanal the mantra is a man's ski, if that's your bag and you need 100mm underfoot go for it. If you want something a little less aggressive, check out the rossi sin/soul or the salomon qst

I'm young with a racing background so definitely like a stiff ski. Have some 115mm underfoots for the deep days but need something a little more manageable for everything else as I've outgrown/skied my old all mountain set.

peanutgallery
01-17-2017, 07:44 PM
Looks like you found a ski:)

I'm young with a racing background so definitely like a stiff ski. Have some 115mm underfoots for the deep days but need something a little more manageable for everything else as I've outgrown/skied my old all mountain set.

estilley
01-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Looks like you found a ski:)

Yep! Now just trying to decide between the 170's and 177's. Was skiing a 164 the other night and it felt like a snow blade. But then again I'm a 5'10 135lb little guy so who knows. Will see what they say at the shop I suppose but for some reason I always get sold too short of skis.

jordanr
01-17-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm also in Portland, and for the last week have been out everyday in the city skiing cross-country. Conditions for CC has been bonkers awesome. To be clear, I would not consider this a fair trade for the consequences on balance, but here's hoping Global Weirding gives us some of this every Winter.

peanutgallery
01-17-2017, 08:09 PM
They ski short due the rocker, the 170 will be closer to that 164 in reality. With your race background the 177 would work well

Yep! Now just trying to decide between the 170's and 177's. Was skiing a 164 the other night and it felt like a snow blade. But then again I'm a 5'10 135lb little guy so who knows. Will see what they say at the shop I suppose but for some reason I always get sold too short of skis.

djg
01-18-2017, 07:57 AM
Zero :crap:

Still not 100% following the summer's shoulder replacement but the surgeon says ok, within reason, and I look at the snow reports and drool. On good mental health days I only check Alta conditions and weather reports once.

Lotsa work now, with some international travel coming up, but I do have tickets to fly to SLC in about a month. I've done pretty well at maintaining an annual guy's getaway trip each year with at least one of two old pals (one from College and one from Elementary School through HS Ski Team and on) -- sometimes get an additional trip with the family or my son, who is the one kid out of three who still seems keen to go).

p nut
01-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Avid skier here. However, the last few years, I've only gone a handful of times. Family/work. :( With the dumpings we've been getting, I've been itching to go up. One thing that has prevented me from going up:

* Cost. I'm at a comfortable point in life with enough discretionary income to go, but forking over $80-100 to get a few good runs in the morning, then wait in long lines for the rest of the day--definitely not getting my money's worth. Season passes are out of the question, as I doubt I'd be able to get 10 days in to make it worthwhile.

Any of you backcountry skiing? I might give that a shot this year. I'm fortunate to live in an area where "popular" bc skiing places are 20 minutes away. Cost involved here as well, as I'll need BC bindings, skins, beacon, etc. I can probably find them used for a good price, I'm thinking. Maybe I'll borrow or rent first to see if it's to my liking. People love it, though. I have 3 friends that only go BC, and have sworn never to set foot on a resort again.

mgm777
01-18-2017, 01:18 PM

Been skiing my whole life, born & raised in Colorado, local ski hill was Wolf Creek. Volkls are my ski of choice. The Volkls love to be skied actively and aggressively. Can't sit in the back seat with Volkls. At your height and weight, I would choose the 170s, based mostly on your weight. If you weighed 160+, I would recommend the 177s, at your height. I am 5'10, 160, and ride 177s. Just my two cents.

estilley
01-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Been skiing my whole life, born & raised in Colorado, local ski hill was Wolf Creek. Volkls are my ski of choice. The Volkls love to be skied actively and aggressively. Can't sit in the back seat with Volkls. At your height and weight, I would choose the 170s, based mostly on your weight. If you weighed 160+, I would recommend the 177s, at your height. I am 5'10, 160, and ride 177s. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the input.

Just want to make sure I can lay down some big GS turns with them at speed.

Dropping by the shop tonight to see what they say and hopefully get some mounted up by this weekend. Looks like we should get a little under a foot by the weekend.

MadRocketSci
01-18-2017, 01:49 PM
learn to ride :D

i made the switch 4 years back when i moved to Colorado (Tahoe skier prior to that). 3 days of pain and sheer terror should get you back to playing on most of the mountain, especially on fresh days.

for equipment, get yourself last years Rossi Templar Magtek 153, last year's Burton Mission bindings, and whatever comfy boot you like. Wrist protectors optional. Helmet mandatory.

/* threadjack over */

sitzmark
01-18-2017, 03:20 PM
If the shop has a few demo pair to try, you might take them out before making a final decision. For the most part Volkl does trend to more powerful, stiffer, torsion box construction skis, but it is all relative. The new Mantra vs, the old Mantra fits at the stiff end of the spectrum. I've skied it and have a couple of friends who use it as an all conditions ski in NE. Personally I don't like it for that, but that's why it's good to demo.

Transplant CO native to NE 6'1" ~200lbs. Most days in NE I'm skiing a race stock 155-165 SL ski as an "all mountain". When there is some real snow 10"+ (which doesn't happen often in NE) I have a few pairs of Volkl Gotamas in the locker. (Similar ski to Mantra w/o the metal, now discontinued) They are modestly rockered (139/107/123) and softer in flex which is good for deeper snow. I chose 170cm and 194cm with touring (rail) bindings for side country/off-piste and 178cm with alpine binding for banging around the resort when there's a few inches of fresh. The 170cm are easier to put on a pack for hiking, but don't float as well as 194's, which are nice in big open bowls but not as much fun in tight trees. All lengths are lively but do ski with enough difference to notice.

I've skied the 176's (25M natural radius) on rock hard eastern (typical) conditions and they'll slice a nice arc if tipped on edge and driven from the front. Lose tip engagement and they'll instantly take you for a ride. So 100mm+ waisted skis are "OK" as all rounders (IMO), but unless there's at least a few inches of fresh snow I'd rather be on a ski with a narrower waist and more sidecut. Really depends on what kind of turns you want to make and what conditions you experience most often.

The Mantra doesn't engage any differently than the Gotama, but there's a level of beef to the ski that doesn't ring that little "will it hold?" bell when you're driving hard on firm snow. Definitely need to be in charge if riding high(er) edge angles. Mantra might be a little too stiff to be lively in deeper snow, but for a western all mountain ski it is a good choice - especially on piste. Neither are great dedicated powder skis, but I preferred both as a one-ski solution over the Volkl One which is positioned as the powder/all mountain brother. Volkl One seems "dead" in all conditions (to me), but others love it. Enjoy the snow!!

jimwhimpey
01-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Been to Tahoe, Mammoth and Aspen so far this season and it's all been spectacular. Heading back to Tahoe this weekend.

Mammoth has a 200"+ base. The most snow in all of the USA!

estilley
01-18-2017, 04:56 PM
If the shop has a few demo pair to try, you might take them out before making a final decision. For the most part Volkl does trend to more powerful, stiffer, torsion box construction skis, but it is all relative. The new Mantra vs, the old Mantra fits at the stiff end of the spectrum. I've skied it and have a couple of friends who use it as an all conditions ski in NE. Personally I don't like it for that, but that's why it's good to demo.

Transplant CO native to NE 6'1" ~200lbs. Most days in NE I'm skiing a race stock 155-165 SL ski as an "all mountain". When there is some real snow 10"+ (which doesn't happen often in NE) I have a few pairs of Volkl Gotamas in the locker. (Similar ski to Mantra w/o the metal, now discontinued) They are modestly rockered (139/107/123) and softer in flex which is good for deeper snow. I chose 170cm and 194cm with touring (rail) bindings for side country/off-piste and 178cm with alpine binding for banging around the resort when there's a few inches of fresh. The 170cm are easier to put on a pack for hiking, but don't float as well as 194's, which are nice in big open bowls but not as much fun in tight trees. All lengths are lively but do ski with enough difference to notice.

I've skied the 176's (25M natural radius) on rock hard eastern (typical) conditions and they'll slice a nice arc if tipped on edge and driven from the front. Lose tip engagement and they'll instantly take you for a ride. So 100mm+ waisted skis are "OK" as all rounders (IMO), but unless there's at least a few inches of fresh snow I'd rather be on a ski with a narrower waist and more sidecut. Really depends on what kind of turns you want to make and what conditions you experience most often.

The Mantra doesn't engage any differently than the Gotama, but there's a level of beef to the ski that doesn't ring that little "will it hold?" bell when you're driving hard on firm snow. Definitely need to be in charge if riding high(er) edge angles. Mantra might be a little too stiff to be lively in deeper snow, but for a western all mountain ski it is a good choice - especially on piste. Neither are great dedicated powder skis, but I preferred both as a one-ski solution over the Volkl One which is positioned as the powder/all mountain brother. Volkl One seems "dead" in all conditions (to me), but others love it. Enjoy the snow!!

Excellent input!

I ride 185 Armada JJ's for real powder days, but they're so rockered the effective edge is quite a bit shorter.

Thinking the 170 will be good if it's super stiff.

Heading over to Evo after work as they have a deal on last year's Mantras with Griffon bindings.

adamhell
01-18-2017, 05:19 PM
I just got some wide rocker skis from my dad who didnt like them because he skis with his feet so close together that the skis kept hitting each other. so far they're fun but they do not carve because the edges aren't concave at all. i've been carving all my life and these skis are fun but feel weird to me. whenever I turn, i have to slide if that makes sense. coming from rossignol scratches.

I've been skiing every year since I was 3yo but never got into the more technical side of it, just went with the shop employee's rec's.

hitting CO in Feb, can't wait.

sitzmark
01-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Excellent input!

I ride 185 Armada JJ's for real powder days, but they're so rockered the effective edge is quite a bit shorter.

Thinking the 170 will be good if it's super stiff.

Heading over to Evo after work as they have a deal on last year's Mantras with Griffon bindings.

EVO's a good place for gear. Very generous return policy too - lots of time to make up your mind after purchase. I spend a fair amount of time in Seattle and visit EVO often.

If you're headed to Bachelor, might be worth the $55 or so to demo all sizes of the Mantra and other skis for a day just to see what feels best. Buy Mantra @ EVO but don't mount 'em and then $50 bucks makes sure you get what you love.

Good luck. Have fun!

parris
01-18-2017, 08:19 PM
The season in Upstate NY is a train wreck so far. My local hill is Greek Peak. The conditions are not good with most of the hill not open. What is open is thin with ice in multiple places.

estilley
01-18-2017, 09:31 PM
Talked to the people at Evo. Went with the 177's. That + a 130 flex boot is going to make for a ripping season!

sitzmark
01-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Talked to the people at Evo. Went with the 177's. That + a 130 flex boot is going to make for a ripping season!

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M2836102e5fb2b1b2a4fe59e1227dcb73o0&w=207&h=207&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Have fun! ...send snow east. :)

djg21
01-19-2017, 08:15 AM
Avid skier here. However, the last few years, I've only gone a handful of times. Family/work. :( With the dumpings we've been getting, I've been itching to go up. One thing that has prevented me from going up:

* Cost. I'm at a comfortable point in life with enough discretionary income to go, but forking over $80-100 to get a few good runs in the morning, then wait in long lines for the rest of the day--definitely not getting my money's worth. Season passes are out of the question, as I doubt I'd be able to get 10 days in to make it worthwhile.

Any of you backcountry skiing? I might give that a shot this year. I'm fortunate to live in an area where "popular" bc skiing places are 20 minutes away. Cost involved here as well, as I'll need BC bindings, skins, beacon, etc. I can probably find them used for a good price, I'm thinking. Maybe I'll borrow or rent first to see if it's to my liking. People love it, though. I have 3 friends that only go BC, and have sworn never to set foot on a resort again.

I used to ski a lot and made the switch to telemark equipment about 20 years ago. A TKR 3 years ago put a damper on my skiing. I'm itching to get out and at least try to ski this season, but the snow in the northeast has been spotty at best, and there isn't much to ski on in the BC so far this season. It seems it's been this way for the last couple of seasons. Go figure, I finally bought a nice snowblower and I've used it twice so far this winter, to move perhaps an inch or two of snow each time. Then it rains . . . .

tuxbailey
01-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Mid-Atlantic area sucks. Local resort has what they call "loose granular" surface :(

But on a positive note, finally convinced my wife to learn and she was able to snowplow her way down the bunny hill. And she is inclined to keep learning. Hopefully she will be hooked.

As a result, we will still be going this Sat even though it will be closer to 50s.

pncguy
01-19-2017, 02:05 PM
One thing that has prevented me from going up:

We here in the front range of Colorado are a bit spoiled with the competition between resort corporations. My son and I have a Rocky Mountain Super Pass Plus, which I got for $499 last April with a BOGO for him (must be under 12.) That gives us unlimited days at Eldora, which is close to us, Winter Park and Copper, six days at Steamboat, and three days at Crested Butte (which I SHOULD have used just recently!).

Makes it easy to get back on the hill. Our first day this year was just four runs. Second was six. If we get in 10 days, that's just $25/day each! Last year we got in 18 days total. :beer:

2wheelwill
01-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Been downhill and XC skiing almost every weekend in Tahoe since resorts opened. Gotta say, I'm having way more fun skate skiing these days. No lines, great workout and much cheaper!

djg
01-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Mid-Atlantic area sucks. Local resort has what they call "loose granular" surface :(

But on a positive note, finally convinced my wife to learn and she was able to snowplow her way down the bunny hill. And she is inclined to keep learning. Hopefully she will be hooked.

As a result, we will still be going this Sat even though it will be closer to 50s.

What's local, Liberty or Whitetail? I was thinking of heading up somewhere just to try taking some turns for a few hours, but 50s on top of a thin base of freeze-thaw-whatever . . . maybe. I've done worse.

tuxbailey
01-19-2017, 09:38 PM
What's local, Liberty or Whitetail? I was thinking of heading up somewhere just to try taking some turns for a few hours, but 50s on top of a thin base of freeze-thaw-whatever . . . maybe. I've done worse.

I was told Whitetail was decent today. I was at Liberty last weekend and it was ok. Going with the family to Round Top this Saturday since it will be few degrees cooler than the other two...

peanutgallery
01-19-2017, 10:05 PM
Dear all people in Maryland that ski, stay in Maryland :)

Snow is ok early in the day but sucks later on in the day

Should be better next week

I was told Whitetail was decent today. I was at Liberty last weekend and it was ok. Going with the family to Round Top this Saturday since it will be few degrees cooler than the other two...

ofcounsel
01-23-2017, 12:29 AM
We've gotten some good snow here in SoCal this season.

The best skiing for me so far this season was 3 days at at June Mountain, about 20 miles north of Mammoth, during MLK weekend. Even with the holiday weekend, and as much fresh snow as was had, there were no major lines on the lifts (except for the J1 Lift that goes from the base to the lodge area, between 8:30 and 10:00 am). One of the cool perks of June Mountain is that kids 12 and under ski for free (my son is 7) and the place is very family friendly.

I'm taking the family to Brian Head in Southern Utah for 3 days in February, and to SnowBasin, East of Ogden for 3 days in March (Brian Head and SnowBasin are also good resorts for skiers with families of different abilities in tow). In between, I plan to do as much skiing as I can at Snow Summit (2 hour drive from home), Mountain High (1.25 hour drive from home) and Mt. Baldy (45 minute drive from home).

I'm also thankful that my next door neighbor skis as well (he also rides MTB and road with me on a weekly basis). He has an 8 year old boy, so we've been "getting out of our wives' hair" and taking our boys to the local slopes on weekends (and night skiing too). After 3 days of additional lessons this season so far (along with the days of practice), the young boys can take on blue runs with confidence. Its pretty cool to see them develop as skiers.

estilley
01-25-2017, 09:05 AM
Last Saturday was a good time! Went up with one of my old racing buddies and did laps in Skibowl's outback (in bounds hike-to terrain that is rarely visited by most). Had about 8" in the past 48 hrs. We were both toast by 2pm and then made the 70 minute drive back to Portland. Hope the turns are good out there!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170125/7a1124a514600ddd5fc85b6fd627794c.jpg

estilley
03-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Rebooting this after the winter of dreams in the west has really taken off.

Anyone manage to make it up to Mammoth during the insanity? Hell, even Mt Baldy looked sweet for a few days there.

Cascades have been incredible. Here's a couple shots from the past weeks. Those 177 Mantras are total rippers of a ski!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170304/6574bd820bdbef651e6ce83c01a80477.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170304/c27092e349210347cc53a49800261589.jpg

nrs5000
03-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Was up in Tahoe last week mid-week with the family. Gobs of snow and the fresh stuff was nice and sugary, we had lots of great powder in the trees.

David Kirk
03-04-2017, 01:59 PM
After too long with warm sun the powder finally arrived a week ago - 52" over 4 days.

Pretty darn good floating I must say.

dave

ofcounsel
03-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Rebooting this after the winter of dreams in the west has really taken off.

Anyone manage to make it up to Mammoth during the insanity? Hell, even Mt Baldy looked sweet for a few days there.

Cascades have been incredible. Here's a couple shots from the past weeks. Those 177 Mantras are total rippers of a ski!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170304/6574bd820bdbef651e6ce83c01a80477.jpg
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170304/c27092e349210347cc53a4980026

I've skied Baldy a few times as well as Snow Summit and Mt. High. It's been great! Baldy has the added bonus of being uncrowded! I'm planning on skiing into June and just made hotel reservations for a hotel in Mammoth on Memorial Day weekend! It's been a great winter!

flydhest
03-05-2017, 07:54 AM
In UT right now. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/e4cf0497d087a288dad0f537dd3edfbc.jpg

csm
03-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Ski season pretty much sucked in the northeast. At least in PA. Had 4 decent cold days around super bowl weekend at Gore in NY. And 9 days so far at the local ski hill. Might get 1 or 2 more.
Already planning next years trip to Val d'Isere. So at least there's that to look forward to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

verticaldoug
03-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Daughter sent me her spring break photo from Mammoth yesterday.

Buzz
03-05-2017, 11:33 AM
It's been like this all winter in Tahoe.

estilley
03-05-2017, 09:16 PM
This was earlier today!

Edit: I also picked up my spring pass today. For $99, I'm skiing until the end of the year here, which won't be for quite a while.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170306/b351dee415cdfc386da86b3df91b7df0.jpg

flydhest
03-06-2017, 06:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170307/8d5a1e7e2fa3f0947125b8c66e328c17.jpg
Part of what I did today.

Mr. Pink
03-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Today as the sun broke out after 6-8 in Telluride.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170307/fd2efb6b43e5b67f3136dc340064d5c7.jpg

On a 6-7 week road trip out west. Started in Taos for a week, now in Telluride, then SLC, Jackson, Aspen, and Summit Co., Co..
The ski week instruction deal at Taos is highly recommended at $185. A bargain. Taos is cool.

estilley
03-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Today as the sun broke out after 6-8 in Telluride.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170307/fd2efb6b43e5b67f3136dc340064d5c7.jpg

On a 6-7 week road trip out west. Started in Taos for a week, now in Telluride, then SLC, Jackson, Aspen, and Summit Co., Co..
The ski week instruction deal at Taos is highly recommended at $185. A bargain. Taos is cool.

Jealous!! Enjoy!

Buzz
03-07-2017, 02:14 PM
So much snow. SugarBowl in Tahoe.

gforce
03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Jackson Hole is over 500 inches for the year so far. Unskiable lines now opening up.
Can't wait to get back to the "white room" next week.

Mr. Pink
03-07-2017, 08:01 PM
If you have time to travel, do this: https://mountaincollective.com I am doing it right now, paired up with an Abasin season pass at 299. If you buy it early, you get three days at one mountain of your choice. This year they added Snowbasin and, yea, Sugarbush in the east. Excellent network of mountains. Chamonix for two days, too.

kevinvc
03-08-2017, 12:47 PM
I started biking a few years ago specifically because my knees were too shot to do a lot of the activities I used to enjoy, like skiing and jogging. Since then, my knees and back are stronger, more limber and hurt less than they have in about 20 years.

I envy those of you who can still go out and carve the slopes. I wish I could join you, but it is not in the cards. Carve some new tracks in fresh powder for me! :hello:

Buzz
03-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Squaw Valley this a.m.

flydhest
03-09-2017, 07:36 AM
This is me on Monday in Deer Valley
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170309/7ea5ff92d6f02e9949dae918ce1980d0.jpg

KSCycling
03-09-2017, 07:40 AM
The one year I don't take a trip to the mountains. Ugh!

holliscx
03-09-2017, 07:52 AM
My brother and I skied a few resorts in Chile one summer. We had killer above treeline snow that I proclaimed was the best skiing in the world. But my bro said I would eat my words when I skied Niseko, Japan and boy was he right. Niseko's pow pow is legendary. When it dumps at Niseko and you're gliding through trees thinking about miso ramen, life is great.

redir
03-09-2017, 08:18 AM
The one year I don't take a trip to the mountains. Ugh!

Me too LOL! The family in CO came to Virginia to visit this year. The snow in VA and WV is just non existent. I mostly just XCountry ski these days but was not even able once to get out in the mountains in Virginia. I think we had one 8in fall which would have been adequate but still, it only lasted a weekend.

merlinmurph
03-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Just got back from Big Sky, which was just OK. Hearing reports from my buds that were at Alta made it a bit frustrating. I need a powder day - bad.

Here in the east, conditions went downhill when we absolutely got nuked two weeks ago.

Good to hear people are putting good use to all that white stuff out west.

pncguy
03-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Squaw Valley this a.m.

That's beautiful. Jealous!