PDA

View Full Version : Cadence (Capo) jersey fit

JimmyTango
01-13-2017, 01:12 PM
I'm a slender 6'2" 170lbs with a long torso and fairly wide shoulders. I need to know if I should be getting Med or Small Cadence "race fit" jersey.

No flapping allowed, but I'm a little timid on ordering a small because I don't want to end up with a jersey so short that it rides up over my bibs in the front or makes the pockets too high to b reached comfortably.

FWIW I squeeze into a med Castelli San Remo skinsuit, wear med Assos bibs, and med Attaquer (very snug, but appropriately long) jerseys.

Any thoughts?

gasman
01-13-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm similarly proportioned at 6'1" and 162-165 with slightly wide shoulders and normal torso. I can't imagine anything sized S fitting me well.

kramnnim
01-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Cadence is Capo?

I wear Capo smalls, generally they fit me, I'm 145 pounds, 5' 10".

Most are not quite tight, one model is actually too small.

jghall
01-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Like many of the cycling clothing brethren, Capo generally runs small.

beeatnik
01-13-2017, 02:57 PM
If it's Capo race fit go with a small. Their athletic fits are somewhat peculiar. Long pro sleeves (way head of the game there), broad shoulders and chest with just the right length. So you wont get the super short Rapha Pro torso (proso...haha) or the tiny, tight Castelli chest. I think the jerseys are designed for Michelangelo's David (or a college water polo player). In any case, I'm swimming in my medium and I'm 165 (gained 15 pounds since the end of the World Famous Rose Bowl season!!!!), my license says 6" and my chest is probably a natural 38 (40 when I'm in gym rat mode).

Get the small, unless you have the torso of a 7 footer.

JimmyTango
01-13-2017, 03:37 PM
If it's Capo race fit go with a small. Their athletic fits are somewhat peculiar. Long pro sleeves (way head of the game there), broad shoulders and chest with just the right length. So you wont get the super short Rapha Pro torso (proso...haha) or the tiny, tight Castelli chest. I think the jerseys are designed for Michelangelo's David (or a college water polo player). In any case, I'm swimming in my medium and I'm 165 (gained 15 pounds since the end of the World Famous Rose Bowl season!!!!), my license says 6" and my chest is probably a natural 38 (40 when I'm in gym rat mode).

Get the small, unless you have the torso of a 7 footer.

Thanks! This is the response I was looking for. Small Rapha is way too short, and med castelli is too small in the shoulders so it sounds like you and I fit similarly. I still worry that it'll be awkwardly short, but it's for racing so as long as I'm hunched over on the bike I guess it doesn't matter if its short :P

While I have your attention, how about the bibs? I have two pairs in med, thy fit fine (not roomy, bud def not as tight as my nicer bibs), but I'm looking for compression and seeing as this is a race only kit don't mind if they're a tight squeeze... as long as the suspender straps don't max out and dig into my shoulders too much... and as long as the legs aren't silly short in the small size.

beeatnik
01-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Thanks! This is the response I was looking for. Small Rapha is way too short, and med castelli is too small in the shoulders so it sounds like you and I fit similarly. I still worry that it'll be awkwardly short, but it's for racing so as long as I'm hunched over on the bike I guess it doesn't matter if its short :P

While I have your attention, how about the bibs? I have two pairs in med, thy fit fine (not roomy, bud def not as tight as my nicer bibs), but I'm looking for compression and seeing as this is a race only kit don't mind if they're a tight squeeze... as long as the suspender straps don't max out and dig into my shoulders too much... and as long as the legs aren't silly short in the small size.

I forgot to mention that if you're easily annoyed or distracted by flapping or bulging (as I am), then you'd want to avoid medium. Even when I'm close to filling out the jerseys, the stomach tends to bunch up. Not a sexy look :D When I used to wear Capo exclusively (before I signed up with Catella!), I'd think two things at the start of every ride: 1. I'm glad I used to lift weights and my biceps haven't disappared and 2. Does this jersey make me look like I have 40 inch waist because it's too long? In the end I convinced myself that I breathe from my stomach (like the Pros!)

Bibs, I feel, have the right amount of compression. I'd stick with a medium. But you can get away with a small as the inseams are pretty long.

About to go for a ride. Dug out the Black Capo for illustration:

If I were an MMA gladiator this thing would not look wrinkled
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/285/32252267266_7978918f6e_c.jpg

Long, long short sleeve
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/776/31480642003_b6e958b92d_c.jpg

Tryna flex, still roomy
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/480/31480641453_cea6670ff2_c.jpg

Gut aka Does This Make Me Look Fat
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/351/31480641323_093e0b3ae7_c.jpg

JimmyTango
01-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Thanks man. Is that a small in the photos? ?

beeatnik
01-13-2017, 06:24 PM
No prob.

Oh, jersey is a medium and it seems to stretch on rides. Or maybe I shrink....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckfifty
01-13-2017, 06:52 PM
I don't think they use Capo anymore. They used to back when they started making jerseys.
I'm about 155-160, 5'6, 39-40 inch chest and wear their race fit mediums. They don't feel overly snug or too baggy, just about right. In comparison, Endo Customs in a medium feels more snug. Rapha Lightweight jersey in a medium feels about the same as Endo Customs.

estilley
01-14-2017, 04:24 PM
I wear the cadence stuff.

I'm 5'8 130lbs and the S is just right for race fit. Not skin tight or anything but I would recommend you get a medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk