PDA

View Full Version : B&M Lumotec IQ-X

bigman
01-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Has anyone used this new dynamo light yet? Peter Whites' review makes it sound like the best thing since sliced white bread.
I am considering buying one, any have any experience with this product.
Thanks

Anarchist
01-13-2017, 08:44 AM
I have two of them.

I like it. Bright. Good side throw. Good top cut-off.

ColonelJLloyd
01-13-2017, 08:47 AM
Subscribing.

I have a black one awaiting my custom. I don't normally worry much about matching, but my frame with have the Compass taillight on the seat tube that is polished aluminum. Considering painting the Compass light or getting a silver IQ-X or Edelux II.

I can say that I have had good experiences with the light beams of the IQ Cyo and Luxos U. For me, though, the USB charging of the Luxos U was inadequate. Not likely a fault of the light, but of the hub. They simply do not produce enough power.

In my experience, beam shape and focus means much more than lumens or other output metrics.

unterhausen
01-13-2017, 08:50 AM
it's a great light. The very sharp cutoff means that adjusting the aim is a bit tricky. It's a little scary being on a steep hill and not being able to see the road 27' in front of you because the road in front of you is sloping upwards. Of course, I have this same problem in my car because of the sharp cutoff too.

mecse
01-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Has anyone used this new dynamo light yet? Peter Whites' review makes it sound like the best thing since sliced white bread.
I am considering buying one, any have any experience with this product.
Thanks

I have it on my elephant NFE. It's pretty damned wonderful. Bright as anything, and it's been reliable. connections are good.

The only part I didn't love is the included mount, which forces screw orientation - but that's an aside.

sparky33
01-13-2017, 10:55 AM
The IQ-X is great, as mentioned above. Bright and wide. The beam is a bit segmented as reviews say, but you get used to it. Is is nice that one can rotate the fixture around the light body allowing a variety of mounting positions while keeping the light beam upright.

The Edelux II is a nicer looking unit, but the IQ-X is a tic brighter, if you can imagine that for a dyno headlight

bigman
01-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Appreciate all the replies - I ordered one.
Thanks