PDA

View Full Version : Game of Shadows...

catulle
07-31-2006, 12:59 PM
A friend just gave the book Game of Shadows. I wonder if any of y'all has read it and, if you have, is it a worthwhile read? Thank you.

BTW, the guy who gave me the book was telling me that a testosterone patch will take time (days, weeks) to have an effect, that it is absurd to think that Floyd's recovery during stage 17 could be the result of a patch. Furthermore, he said that an effort such as required at the TdF would lower, rather than increase, the level of testosterone. He attributes Floyd's result to sloppy lab work. He also believes that athletes should be left alone to recover any way they deem best. He also said the sports at the competitive level are never healthy. My friend is a former body-building pro and now owns a gym which follows the new anti-aging trends.

Oh, well, I thought it was an interesting conversation and I wanted to share what he said. Any news on the second shoe?

e-RICHIE
07-31-2006, 01:11 PM
A friend just gave the book Game of Shadows. I wonder if any of y'all has read it and, if you have, is it a worthwhile read? Thank you.

BTW, the guy who gave me the book was telling me that a testosterone patch will take time (days, weeks) to have an effect, that it is absurd to think that Floyd's recovery during stage 17 could be the result of a patch. Furthermore, he said that an effort such as required at the TdF would lower, rather than increase, the level of testosterone. He attributes Floyd's result to sloppy lab work. He also believes that athletes should be left alone to recover any way they deem best. He also said the sports at the competitive level are never healthy. My friend is a former body-building pro and now owns a gym which follows the new anti-aging trends.

Oh, well, I thought it was an interesting conversation and I wanted to share what he said. Any news on the second shoe?

it was low, but the ratio was high, no?

shaq-d
07-31-2006, 01:13 PM
i still believe that the TDF boys have known about floyd's high steroid numbers for the whole of the TDF. they only chose to release this one for stage 17 'cause it's the most dramatic one and gauranteed to ruin.

sd

catulle
07-31-2006, 01:15 PM
it was low, but the ratio was high, no?

I dunno, bro. I just finished a bowl of pasta.

e-RICHIE
07-31-2006, 01:21 PM
I dunno, bro. I just finished a bowl of pasta.
well better grab a coke -
and a patch too atmo.

yeah. i'm on the phone.

catulle
07-31-2006, 01:28 PM
well better grab a coke -
and a patch too atmo.

yeah. i'm on the phone.

I'm gulping some Jack Daniels before my PM ride: Just in case I run into a 5' fat ninja, atmo.

Avispa
07-31-2006, 01:48 PM
...My friend is a former body-building pro and now owns a gym which follows the new anti-aging trends....

Hey, is that the new term for "amateur doping"? I mean, to dope for one's sake, not in competition?

...Any news on the second shoe?

Haven't heard anything, but I repeat:
Somebody in Europe must know something.... The Campagnolo web site and the BMC bikes web site have removed the congratulatory segments they had on Floyd. I don't see SpeedPlay putting "I believe..." Ads like they did with Tyler... Something keeps telling me this shoe ain't going to fall lightly.

goonster
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
the new anti-aging trends.

Is that the latest euphemism for "all the HGH you can afford"? ;)