PDA

View Full Version : This guy's got it bad.

drewellison
01-12-2017, 11:22 AM
It truly is a disease.

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/2082/bike-collections-no2-rohan-dubash

My favorite line from the story.
‘When I got it home I was a bit sad as I noticed there was some cable rub, but the thing I was more sad about was the fact he’d be running Shimano on it.'

Ed-B
01-12-2017, 01:06 PM
"I’ve got 13 bikes in total I think, but I can’t ride any of them.

‘That’s the worst bit really. I could build them all back up but it’s just a case of finding the time to make it happen. Certainly not until the house is finished, anyway."

Yes, this is probably the worst part. 13 bikes is no big deal, but none of them work.

ultraman6970
01-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Think the dude has a problem.

rePhil
01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
I have one of those Left Hand thread campy crank extractors, I am off to check eBay

FlashUNC
01-12-2017, 01:52 PM
He's also written some wonderful stories for Rouleur about bike parts.

Tickdoc
01-12-2017, 02:03 PM
I love the fact that the colnago is being viewed/polished/worked on what looks like a mattress or bed.

Nice article and beautiful stuff.

bontie
01-12-2017, 02:38 PM
The guy is a very very good wrench, works from near my workplace. He has torn into a friend for dura ace cables on his Campag equipped Independent Fab Corvid. Made me laugh

Tickdoc
01-12-2017, 02:40 PM
The guy is a very very good wrench, works from near my workplace. He has torn into a friend for dura ace cables on his Campag equipped Independent Fab Corvid. Made me laugh

But does he have a campy tatoo?;)

thirdgenbird
01-12-2017, 02:46 PM
I have one of those Left Hand thread campy crank extractors, I am off to check eBay

I've got one. I think it's been used once. It's RHT sister has been used countless times.

R3awak3n
01-12-2017, 02:56 PM
this article reads like an onion article.

oh this is campy grease, its so precious and rare, ohhh, I have to save it for special projects. get out of here

why even have all this crap and not use it and then comes the day he gets tired of it or dies and the stuff just gets passed to another one of these dudes that just wraps everything in bubble wrap and talks about how much this piece is rare and how much it costs now.

edit - im cranky today

fogrider
01-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Campy grease is pretty good stuff...But all of my bikes are ridable...And I do ride them.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

unterhausen
01-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Campy grease is pretty good stuff...But all of my bikes are ridable...And I do ride them.
Back when I was a campy-only sort of person, I used it. Problem comes when you use it between a steel frame and aluminum seatposts. Oops.

why even have all this crap and not use it and then comes the day he gets tired of it or dies and the stuff just gets passed to another one of these dudes that just wraps everything in bubble wrap and talks about how much this piece is rare and how much it costs now.
edit - im cranky today
I'm cranky today too. Tried to get something done at Kinkos and they just ignored me instead of taking my money. Left my self service copies on the desk and walked out.

It seems like we often see these collections when the collector dies. That's definitely sad. I always have at least one bike that works. Not having a bike that worked would be sad.