PDA

View Full Version : Rocket 7 orthotics - anyone tried?

kgreene10
01-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Has anyone tried the custom carbon orthotics that the NEW Rocket 7 makes? These wouldn't be necessary if you purchased a complete custom shoe from them as that would be built around your personal last. These are the one they make to go in any old shoe. I would like feedback on the process and product. Thanks.

John H.
01-11-2017, 09:26 PM
I am not a fan of carbon orthotics- they tend to move around inside carbon shoes.

djg21
01-11-2017, 09:29 PM
I have D2 orthotics in most of my footwear, I use D2 shoes on the bike.

http://www.d2shoe.com/ortho_otherbrand.php

kgreene10
01-11-2017, 09:59 PM
I am not a fan of carbon orthotics- they tend to move around inside carbon shoes.

I believe that they fill in the underside of the shaped carbon with foam and add a top anti-slip layer as well.

kgreene10
01-11-2017, 10:02 PM
I have D2 orthotics in most of my footwear, I use D2 shoes on the bike.

http://www.d2shoe.com/ortho_otherbrand.php

I was actually out in LA recently and went to meet Don and Jacob at D2 in Tujunga. I'm still considering the full custom shoe route but the bank account keeps arguing with me. Don's orthotics are made completely flat on the bottom to mate with the completely flat lasting board he uses in his shoes. My sense is that his orthotics won't be ideal in other shoes.

I also need to say that both Don and Jacob were very inviting, nice to talk to, and high-fived my kiddo. I really enjoyed seeing the operation.

djg21
01-12-2017, 06:37 PM
Don will mill the orthotics to work with your current shoes, taking into account the shape of the sole of the shoe. You may have to send him your shoes for a couple days, but he will do it and his insoles are great. But you are better off going for the complete shoe. They last a very long time and are well worth it. I just got a new set and my old ones have 10+ years on them and still are in decent shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro