PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Nevava Bikes?

Redturbo
04-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Does anyone know why SN is racing on Legend Ti ST's vs Ottrotts. It would seem that Serotta would want them on there flag ship Ottrott? :confused:

turbo

Kevan
04-09-2004, 07:08 AM
I'd imagine Serotta wants to keep all their models moving so it would be prudent to show that both these bikes are race worthy.

Course, you might then argue, "Then why not a Csi?" At which point I simply shrug a "I don't know."

Smiley
04-09-2004, 07:44 AM
The NEW demo fleet will all be painted bikes to look like the Sierra Nevada team bikes. Also its really difficult to have someone demo an Ottrott and then asked if a Legend rides as well cause the Ottrott is OUTSIDE of their budget. Serotta must maintain bikes for clients of all income categories to demo . We forget how great the ride of the Legend is and add the ST stay and well you may have some kind of bike just short of the ride of my Hors Categorie...well I had to add that one in there, Sorry .

bcm119
04-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Its seems like the trend in racing is to race a "disposable" bike, and train on your pride and joy. Everyone around here races Cannondales, Orbeas, and Treks, etc. while you see them out on their Colnagos on the weekend training ride.
Maybe Serotta is just recognizing this tendency and proving that they have a "budget" model (ha!) for racing?? (I'm afraid to race even my CIII)

MartyE
04-09-2004, 03:48 PM
I seem to recall either reading or hearing (when Ben was at RBM Dallas?)
that SN would ride Ottrotts but they were not all finished, as a result
the team were given Legend STs to use as training/early race bikes.
Anyone else remember hearing this?

Marty

MarinRider
04-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Saw them at Copperopolis Road Race today (the California Roubaix with 8000+ feet of climbing!). Everyone from SN I saw was riding Ottrotts and they are very sharp.

A SN rider told me over a month ago that the goal is to have them ready for Sea Otters. Look like Serotta came through once again.

Legends and CDA are "trainers". Must be nice.