PDA

View Full Version : Fenders with a Mr Pink

oliver
01-10-2017, 10:54 AM
I'm getting tired of cleaning my bike and would prefer to get as wet. Is anyone using fenders with their Mr Pink? And would SKS Longboard 45 mm fenders fit in the frame?

Jellybird3
01-10-2017, 10:58 AM
If no one on here can confirm, reach out to SKS directly via their website. They're quick to respond with product recommendations.

jtbadge
01-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Some useful info here:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=193998&highlight=pink

oliver
01-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Some useful info here:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=193998&highlight=pink

Thanks. Since the VO 45mm ones fit, I'll try out the SKS longboard 45 mm.

Also I should work on improving my search skills.

chiasticon
01-10-2017, 12:54 PM
not sure what brakes that dude was using to get 45mm wide VO fenders on his Mr Pink, but that's something to consider as well. I'm using the 35mm VO fenders with Shimano BR650 brakes and I think I could probably fit the 45mm VO's if I wanted to. this is not on a Mr Pink though; just pointing out that what calipers you run can be a limiter of how wide of fenders you can run.

p nut
01-10-2017, 01:11 PM
I'm using Raceblade XL's. Not a full fender, but does an ok job. Plenty of room over 700x32 Compass tires.

flydhest
01-10-2017, 01:20 PM
In the process of putting some on my wife's Mr Pink. The 45s are snug. There may well be a way to make them work, but it was not easy when I was holding them up to the fork to measure. Measure what? You may ask. Measure where I have to cut the stay. The tab to attach the fender is up the fork blade, so get a hack saw handy.

estilley
01-10-2017, 07:52 PM
I have a Mr Pink with VO 37mm. Awesome fit for my 26mm measured conti tires. A bit of a pain to set up but Sheldon Nuts make it so much easier. Had them on in a couple hours. If you go the Sheldon nuts route you'll most likely need some additional bolts. I used some from a leftover pair of Canti's I had. I think it's the canti stud bolt size/pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oliver
01-11-2017, 04:51 AM
I hope it will end up working with the VO brakes but I'm already prepared to spend time trimming the fender and drilling new holes if/where necessary. And I also hope it will be less of pain than metal ones.

JAGI410
01-11-2017, 08:31 AM
I had the VO Grand Cru brakes on mine with the 45mm VO fenders. I think I had Sheldon nuts on the front. Those fenders were "massaged" from previous installs on other bikes, you may need to do the same.

Looking at the pics of my old one makes me miss that bike! BTW, The new version is being announced this weekend, and it will already be in stock! Teasers suggest blue paint with a carbon Whisky fork.

benb
01-11-2017, 08:36 AM
I thought we'd had a previous conversation on this and the consensus was the 35s are better on the Mr. Pink.

I have the 45s on my Space Horse, they touch the fork blades and seat stays and the Space Horse is built for bigger tires. Some but not all 38s seem to work with the 45s on my Space Horse. I've got TRP CX9s and they just barely work with the 45s, it depends on how big the tire is under them.

oliver
01-11-2017, 11:00 AM
I had the VO Grand Cru brakes on mine with the 45mm VO fenders. I think I had Sheldon nuts on the front. Those fenders were "massaged" from previous installs on other bikes, you may need to do the same.

Looking at the pics of my old one makes me miss that bike! BTW, The new version is being announced this weekend, and it will already be in stock! Teasers suggest blue paint with a carbon Whisky fork.

Glad I got one with a metal fork given how often I crash. Plus check out the cobble wobble at the end of this video! https://www.instagram.com/p/BMNBc_0gF6W/?taken-by=boyzonthehoods

I thought we'd had a previous conversation on this and the consensus was the 35s are better on the Mr. Pink.

I have the 45s on my Space Horse, they touch the fork blades and seat stays and the Space Horse is built for bigger tires. Some but not all 38s seem to work with the 45s on my Space Horse. I've got TRP CX9s and they just barely work with the 45s, it depends on how big the tire is under them.

I don't think I was around back then and my search skillz are atrocious.

oliver
01-16-2017, 03:22 PM
In case anyone is interested, I was able to install the SKS P45 Longboard fenders.

It took a lot longer than I expected and probably would have installed some metal fenders if I realized that. Trimming the stays wasn't too bad, I marked how long I wanted them and then cut them with a cable housing cutter. I also had to drill a hole for the L-bracket on the rear fender and I did a great enough job that the bolt going into the sheldon nut is only partially blocked by the other nut.

https://i.imgur.com/I4aH0dQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TRzJI2Y.jpg

keevon
01-16-2017, 04:29 PM
Lookin' good. What size tires did you fit under there?

oliver
01-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Challenge Strada Biancas which measure 31.5 mm.

chiasticon
01-17-2017, 06:38 AM
looks great! :hello:

AngryScientist
01-17-2017, 06:44 AM
that is a phenomenal bike.

you could definitely spend a whole lot more money on a bike and not get much more than this offers. all city wins with this one.

perfect for logging lots of wet weather, comfortable miles on. nice fit up job with the fenders. love it.

estilley
01-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Wow good job with those fenders.

My VO 37mm's on my Mr Pink. Barely clear some GP 4000's that measure 26.5mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk