PDA

View Full Version : OT: the movie "Inferno"

Nags&Ducs
01-10-2017, 01:57 AM
Was the worst adaptation to the book I've ever seen. Effin horrible. And I should add that the book wasn't all that great either. This movie sucked.

Black Dog
01-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Do you mean towering inferno? Best movie ever...:rolleyes:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_v0fV15P7uQo/SRxYArnMJHI/AAAAAAAAEKo/n6xb-tEpA3U/s400/ToweringInferno+cd.jpg

ultraman6970
01-10-2017, 06:48 AM
I think he meant inferno, the 3rd movie at the series with robert langdon this time maybe saving the universe from the church (just making up stuff here). Did not see it so cant tell, maybe howard had to do the movie to keep the studies happy? It happens quite often.

ps: towering inferno was not that bad, but you have to consider that all the Special effects were cheese back in the day, totally different movies than today back in the 70s.

oldpotatoe
01-10-2017, 07:01 AM
I think he meant inferno, the 3rd movie at the series with robert langdon this time maybe saving the universe from the church (just making up stuff here). Did not see it so cant tell, maybe howard had to do the movie to keep the studies happy? It happens quite often.

ps: towering inferno was not that bad, but you have to consider that all the Special effects were cheese back in the day, totally different movies than today back in the 70s.

They need to remake it..with a 'different' NY tower catching fire..hint, hint..:D

eak12
01-10-2017, 08:39 AM
Do you mean towering inferno? Best movie ever...:rolleyes:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_v0fV15P7uQo/SRxYArnMJHI/AAAAAAAAEKo/n6xb-tEpA3U/s400/ToweringInferno+cd.jpg

Is that OJ on the poster?

RonW87
01-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Is that OJ on the poster?

Absolutely. This was one of those magnificently cheesy 70's disaster movies overstuffed with stars and has-beens. Others that come to mind:

Earthquake
Poseidon Adventure
Airport

(Those are the ones I remember. There are others but I cheated and googled them.)

Lewis Moon
01-10-2017, 09:23 AM
They need to remake it..with a 'different' NY tower catching fire..hint, hint..:D
heh....

fiamme red
01-10-2017, 09:25 AM
An incoherent plot, some pretty bad acting, but great style and some memorable scenes (e.g., man eaten alive by rats). Wait, we're talking about Dario Argento's 1980 movie Inferno, right?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080923/

CampyorBust
01-10-2017, 04:05 PM
This movie sucked...

...Donkey balls! Totally! I enjoyed the book because it took me back to Florence. The movie was terrible.

;);)

http://weekinweird.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/bart_911.jpg

ultraman6970
01-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Have to agree, that was funny :)

gasman
01-10-2017, 06:08 PM

Okay let's keep politics out of it.

Thanks !

dustyrider
01-10-2017, 06:13 PM
So this thread isn't about Dante's 7 levels of hell then.
I guess it is early January after all.

jischr
01-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Waiting for the DVD to hit RedBox. Only renting to watch Felicity Jones. Really tired of Tom Hanks saving the day in every movie he's in. Ditto Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, ..... At least in Rogue 1 most of the good guys/gals died. Doing a prequel to Rogue is the only way to bring them back.

bicycletricycle
01-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Ya, super sucks, they all sucked but I think da Vinci code was sort of passable. They keep getting worse.

However, I think the core idea of the movie. Humans are bad for humans, maybe kill a lot of humans? might provoke some thoughts in the teenager types.

I think it would have for me, heck, it is still a half convincing proposition for me today.

:)

Nags&Ducs
01-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Ya, super sucks, they all sucked but I think da Vinci code was sort of passable. They keep getting worse.

However, I think the core idea of the movie. Humans are bad for humans, maybe kill a lot of humans? might provoke some thoughts in the teenager types.

I think it would have for me, heck, it is still a half convincing proposition for me today.

:)

Yea, I don't disagree with the premise that overpopulation is the elephant in the room. But in the book, the way the nemesis decided to handle the overpopulation issue is far more palatable and humane than the way it was redone to support the movie.

This was probably the worst Ron Howard movie I've ever seen. Ever!

oldpotatoe
01-11-2017, 06:14 AM
Okay let's keep politics out of it.

Thanks !

sorry..