PDA

View Full Version : Bike Swap Meets in the Bay Area?

melac1
01-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Hey Paceline,
I may be just living under a rock, but it doesn't seem like the bay area has many swap meets considering the huge bike presence there is. I know of the mosswood park swap meet, but even then I don't know when the next one is. For those who may be a bit more informed, where and when are some bike specific swap meets in the bay area?
Thanks,
Calem

FlashUNC
01-09-2017, 09:34 PM
There was the big swap at the Cow Palace, but not sure if there's one on the schedule for 2017.

jtakeda
01-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Hey Paceline,
I may be just living under a rock, but it doesn't seem like the bay area has many swap meets considering the huge bike presence there is. I know of the mosswood park swap meet, but even then I don't know when the next one is. For those who may be a bit more informed, where and when are some bike specific swap meets in the bay area?
Thanks,
Calem

Sf bike expo - cow palace one flash is referring to
Mosswood every now and then
The pedaler swap in el sob
Cupertino bike swap

bikingshearer
01-10-2017, 06:47 PM
The Valley Spokesmen have one out in Dublin every year on the day after their Cinderella Classic ride. Usually early April.

Foxy's Fall Century (Davis) used to have one the day of the ride in (I think) October, although I don't know if they are still doing that.

And if you want to make a weekend of it and head to Paso Robles, Eroica California has a big vintage swap meet the day before the actual ride. It's the same weekend as the Cinderella, but you could conceivably hit the Eroica meet on Saturday and the Cinderella meet the next day. Hey, it's not that far a drive. :D