PDA

View Full Version : Steriods Work Immediately. Landis Bonafide Lyer, Cheat, Boozer.

Steelman
07-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Tour de France Winner Landis Cheated With Drugs, Steroids, Suspended by Phenok, Lying About Beer
July 30, 2006

The German ARD television reported Friday night that Tour de France winner was well over the normal testosterone level when he was tested for steroids.

Landis' testosterone/epitestosterone co-efficient was 11-1, with the legal limit at 4-1.

According to ARD, the doping test proved that the testosterone was provided to Landis externally. This means that Landis is LYING when he claims that he didn't cheat.

He told a news conference held Friday, 'My physiological parameters for testosterone and epitestosterone are naturally high. Therefore, I would like to make it absolutely clear that this is not in any way a doping process.

"I declare convincingly and categorically that my winning of the Tour de France has been completely and exclusively due to my years of training and devotion to cycling," Landis said.

Ironically, he tested positive immediately after his sensational and spectacular come-back in Morzine on July 20. He gained back eight minutes on his competition that day. That ride, which was described as one of the greatest in the history of the tour, set Landis up to become the third American to win the tour after Greg LeMond and Lance Armstrong.

Dr Black, author of the book "Drug Testing in Sports,'' states,

"I have injected myself with testosterone in doing research, and I can tell you from personal experience that within hours, you feel a profound psychological change, a sense of well-being, aggression and energy," Black said.

"You feel strong and powerful. And your endurance is definitely improved. So, it's not peculiar to me that a cyclist would take testosterone after a bad day. What does seem peculiar is that an athlete of that caliber would put himself at such great risk, knowing that they test for testosterone."
When told that Landis claimed he had a beer after the race, he said,

"I'm very suspicious of that statement because I'd think alcohol would be forbidden, but we just don't know enough yet about this case," he said

from www.eog.com

malcolm
07-30-2006, 09:20 PM
I've injected myself numerous times not only with testerone but durabolin and decadurabolin and felt nothing immediately or within the first few days as have hundreds of my lifting buddies. This was however many years ago. I would not be surprised if he doped however I"m skeptical a single dose of testerone did all we saw on 17.

obtuse
07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
"I have injected myself with testosterone in doing research...."

this is a doctor? who? doctor davey bruylandts?

obtuse

Ginger
07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Well...you know...doctors self medicating isn't called cheating now is it.

Sounds like a needle reaction in combo with some cheap thrill about doing research on himself. ;)

djg
07-30-2006, 09:58 PM
"I have injected myself with testosterone in doing research...."

this is a doctor? who? doctor davey bruylandts?

obtuse

He could be, like, an Ed.D. or a doctor in the sense that "Doctor Phil" is a doctor--you know, a holder of some sort of doctorish degree from a school of animal husbandry that changed its name to include "University" so they could participate in additional funding streams and have a football team.

The rest of it seems a little wacky. "Wacky," in the sense of criminal, not to mention grounds for the revocation of whatever license he might have held to begin with, supposing he had one, but ya never know.

djg
07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
sorry

Avispa
07-31-2006, 01:01 AM

Andreas
07-31-2006, 04:57 AM
Testing stuff on yourself is not an uncommon method, even for procedures. Dr. Grossmann won the nobel prize for medicine for involvement in the development of the left heart Catheter.
It was first used on himself.
The Nobel prize for medicine also went to Swan and Ganz for the right heat catheter (Swan-Ganz catheter, Pulmonary artery catheter). Again, Ganz, acutally a urologist, floated a urinary catheter up his antecubital vein into his right heart and took an x-ray of himself as proof of concept.

Testosterone does work immediately, it is used for its musle recovery properties in oncology.

It does not explain FLs tremondous comeback from one day to another. IMHO, That was blood doping which can not be reliable tested currently.

bostondrunk
07-31-2006, 06:48 AM
I've injected myself numerous times not only with testerone but durabolin and decadurabolin and felt nothing immediately or within the first few days as have hundreds of my lifting buddies. This was however many years ago. I would not be surprised if he doped however I"m skeptical a single dose of testerone did all we saw on 17.

This has been the experience of people I know as well, with test enanth., trenbolone, Equipose, etc. Usually these take some time.
-However-, they did say that injectable test. prop. is much faster acting with a short half life (which is why bb's inject it daily when 'on'), and the transdermal stuff is typically faster acting as well (ie. patches).
Saying that Landis wanted to punch everyone after the stage because of doping is kind of ridiculous though.... :crap:

Fat Robert
07-31-2006, 07:18 AM
a school of animal husbandry that changed its name to include "University" so they could participate in additional funding streams and have a football team.

yeah

michigan...illinois...cal...or north carolina

those land-grant schools really stink

djg
07-31-2006, 11:23 AM
yeah

michigan...illinois...cal...or north carolina

those land-grant schools really stink

Sorry big bob, didn't mean to step on toes. As for your list: All four o' them are fine schools, in my opinion, and they're not the only ones. I've even saved my way marginal "faculty" (just visiting really) IDs from the last two as souvenirs.

As for the Andreas comment regarding self-testing: sure, it happens in various contexts, but self testing with drug products is extremely unlikely to count as research and self testing with Rx and/or controlled substance drug products is variously a no-no.

ThasFACE
07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
yeah

michigan...

Go Blue.

67-59
07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
"I injected it into myself and felt "immediate" effects." And he's a "DOCTOR" to boot. Well, if THAT doesn't convince everybody.... [Turn sarcasm off.]

OldDog
07-31-2006, 12:10 PM
[B]Dr Black, author of the book "Drug Testing in Sports,'' states,

"I have injected myself with testosterone in doing research, and I can tell you from personal experience that within hours, you feel a profound psychological change, a sense of well-being, aggression and energy," Black said.

]

The Fly?

Ginger
07-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Go Blue.
Uh, wrong Meeeeeshigan....

Go Green.

Funny thing that is if you're on campus, many students at Michigan State are not even aware of its beginnings as a land grant college. I'm not sure what they make of the farms and dairy on-campus...

Fat Robert
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Sorry big bob, didn't mean to step on toes. .

dude

no toes here

i just copped an antagonistic and overgeneralizing vibe

djg
07-31-2006, 02:11 PM
dude

no toes here

i just copped an antagonistic and overgeneralizing vibe

Not sure how "copped" works here. I meant to make fun of nobody in particular, besides Doctor Phil (celebrity, self-help industry, and, I gather, graduate of a small college in Texas which has, since his departure, changed its name, but which doubtless had and has many fine folks associated with it, so my bad), and to point out what may be so obvious as to be beneath mention: namely, that many folks advertise themselves as "doctors" on the basis of irrelevant degrees that may be inconsistently awarded. The author in question may be no such person, but the quoted material still seems prety wacky to me.

Fat Robert
07-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Not sure how "copped" works here. (snip-o-la) and to point out what may be so obvious as to be beneath mention: namely, that many folks advertise themselves as "doctors" on the basis of irrelevant degrees that may be inconsistently awarded. The author in question may be no such person, but the quoted material still seems prety wacky to me.

gotcha

the statement seemed to invalidate an entire group, rather than the isolated crackpot (which a cat who self-injects testosterone just to see what happens would, well, be. we're on the same page with that, bro.)

at least in the useage of a former drummer, "copped" works idiomatically as "gathered." but then again, this was a guy who would squirt cheez-wiz into his mouth, lying with his head in the kick while traveling in the van...he never used shoelaces, either, fwiw....

davids
07-31-2006, 03:16 PM

Go Green.

Funny thing that is if you're on campus, many students at Michigan State are not even aware of its beginnings as a land grant college. I'm not sure what they make of the farms and dairy on-campus...
Moo U.

Hail to the Victors, and all that,
AB '82

spiderlake
07-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Now that's not really fair. I'd argue most spartans know the history of their university. The big smoke stack by the stadium still bears the MSC (Michigan State College), there is still a M.A.C. Avenue (Michigan Agriculture College) and I'd even go a step further to say that every student knows the year the school was founded (1855 - the year is used as the last 4 digits of calling campus information). MSU was the first land grant university as well. Moo U!!

Cycling content - Cisplatin, used by LA during his recovery from Cancer was discovered at MSU.

End of rant! : )

Darrin
BA, Telecommunication, MSU

Go Green.

Fat Robert
07-31-2006, 07:59 PM
go hawkeyes

everything in michigan sucks

Dave B
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Cycling content - Cisplatin, used by LA during his recovery from Cancer was discovered at MSU.

End of rant! : )

Darrin
BA, Telecommunication, MSU[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he was cured at IU!!! Yeah baby! Go Hoosiers!