PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max in VA Beach

saab2000
07-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Awrighty then. So I rode hard and was the weak link in today's 4-man TTT in Portsmouth, VA. Now I have had a couple o' MGDs and am watching the original Mad Max on my brand new DirectTV satellite with all the channels (including the NFL Season Ticket) and all the movie channels.

A casual cyclist is wearing a hairnet helmet. Cool.

Rode the CIII this morning and noticed that it, with its tubulars was superior to my 531 Croll with clinchers. Didn't stop me from getting dropped on the final gradient over some James River Bridge. No hills at all, but enough of a gradient to make my heart go about 500 BPM and get dropped by a guy on a Trek, a guy on a Fuji and a guy on a Motobecane carbon. Sorry, but 27 MPH up the little bridge and my fat ol' butt got dropped. My Serotta and Nucleons and Veloflexes did not prevent me from getting dropped.

Shoulda had a patch on the ol' coin purse!!!

Lifelover
07-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Awrighty then. So I rode hard and was the weak link in today's 4-man TTT in Portsmouth, VA. Now I have had a couple o' MGDs and am watching the original Mad Max on my brand new DirectTV satellite with all the channels (including the NFL Season Ticket) and all the movie channels.

A casual cyclist is wearing a hairnet helmet. Cool.

Rode the CIII this morning and noticed that it, with its tubulars was superior to my 531 Croll with clinchers. Didn't stop me from getting dropped on the final gradient over some James River Bridge. No hills at all, but enough of a gradient to make my heart go about 500 BPM and get dropped by a guy on a Trek, a guy on a Fuji and a guy on a Motobecane carbon. Sorry, but 27 MPH up the little bridge and my fat ol' butt got dropped. My Serotta and Nucleons and Veloflexes did not prevent me from getting dropped.

It just dawned on me where you rode toady. Did you ride out of Scats?

I may have seen you. I was riding on Long View Rd (rt 602) with two other guys and two girls. We saw three riders and one off the back. They were pretty sure it was the riders from scats. Maybe around 9:00 to 9:30

Any chance it was you?

Needs Help
07-30-2006, 11:27 PM
lol

saab2000
07-31-2006, 06:04 AM
Yeah, did the Scats ride. I only got dropped on the return over that bridge and the other guys waited for me about a mile up the road. Then we soft pedalled back to Scats. So I was only really off the back for a mile or so. Maybe a few minutes.

I rode my Serotta yesterday and the Croll on the Fat Frogs ride on Saturday.

No ride today. Off to Grand Rapids to visit my 6'8" Seven-owning friend.

Too Tall
07-31-2006, 08:28 AM
Glad you are getting out sport.
Visit DC and you'll know 2 6'8" guys who have a Seven :rolleyes:
Seagull Century? I'll prolly be there. Brats and beer after ok?

paulh
07-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh,.... sorry. I thought this was a thread about Mel Gibson getting another DUI in VA.

Frustration
07-31-2006, 08:50 AM
The Patch on the coin purse (in conj with the MGD's) would simply have given you the ability to get dropped by an equal or lesser amount next day.