PDA

View Full Version : Over Torque Installation & Tool

TexasJohn
01-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Found a smoking deal on a new Comp Ultra Over Torque crankset. Need to install this on a BB30 Cannondale frame; can anyone offer any tips from the experienced? What about the tool(s) from Campy...should I let the LBS do it, or can I manage, and if so, where can I get/borrow the tools for the least cost? Thanks and Happy New Year to all y'all.

tiretrax
01-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Performance let me borrow tools under one manager, charged me $10 under another. Regardless, it's probably quicker and easier to get it installed at a good LBS. I think it was $25 to install a bb and crank.

TexasJohn
01-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Performance let me borrow tools under one manager, charged me $10 under another. Regardless, it's probably quicker and easier to get it installed at a good LBS. I think it was $25 to install a bb and crank.

Good stuff...thank you sir!

Frikki
03-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Heya!
Sorry to resurrect the somewhat stale thread, but I also got a smokin' hot deal on a comp ultra crankset, only to realize that the tool (UT-FC220) is seemingly unavailable to purchase. Furthermore, it seems like no Campy bike shop in NYC ever bothered to get one, so I'm a little lost here.
Campagnolo are taking their sweet time to get back to my email inquiry.

Did you guys have any luck finding the tools online?

ultraman6970
03-08-2017, 08:07 PM
I have to be honest, after seeing the video of the installation of those bb30 campy cranks and the weirdest adjustable spacers and plastic seals ... well you can imagine the rest for sure.... :D

tuscanyswe
03-09-2017, 02:34 AM
They dont sell the install tools any more?? No wonder the cranks are cheap.
For the record my crank have been awesome and quiet, not a single sqeek.. installed with proper loctite n primer in pf30 frame.

Happy to lend the tool btw but with ship from swe not likely worth it..

R3awak3n
03-09-2017, 09:12 AM
They dont sell the install tools any more?? No wonder the cranks are cheap.
For the record my crank have been awesome and quiet, not a single sqeek.. installed with proper loctite n primer in pf30 frame.

Happy to lend the tool btw but with ship from swe not likely worth it..

I am trying to help Frikki get this tool and man, I have looked and have not been able to find it. Also stumped that no NYC shop has it.

I guess campy gave up on Over Torque already huh?

stackie
03-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Makes me glad I chose to stick to the SR crank and get the Praxis adapter for my build.

Maybe you can rent one from a forum member. Send them a deposit, have them mail it to you, install the crank and send back.

Jon

Frikki
03-09-2017, 10:46 AM
If I ever manage to find one for sale, I'm totally going to register "campyovertorquecranksetinstallationremovaltool.com and make a non-lucrative business out of renting the thing out.

Meanwhile, the search continues!

oldpotatoe
03-09-2017, 11:52 AM
If I ever manage to find one for sale, I'm totally going to register "campyovertorquecranksetinstallationremovaltool.com and make a non-lucrative business out of renting the thing out.

Meanwhile, the search continues!

Have you called Campagnolo, NA? Ask for Jerry or Dan.

ultraman6970
03-09-2017, 12:07 PM
what about the beairings and the other little pieces? are available??? the bearings are special or any bb30 bearing will do?

R3awak3n
03-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Have you called Campagnolo, NA? Ask for Jerry or Dan.

He did. They said we don't have any and don't make it anymore.