PDA

View Full Version : OT: Snow Shoe Repair

Cat3roadracer
12-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Sent a pair of Atlas 1025's to Mountain Soles & Outdoor Threads to have the heal straps replaced. Very impressed with the turn around time, price to repair, and the job done. Highly recommended.

WWW. Mtnsoles.com
503-236-0785

12-29-2016, 11:09 PM
I've used them. Good people.

In the northwest, for anything boot or leather related, absolutely can recommend Dave Page Cobbler in Seattle. Easy to Google. He has done all kinds of mountaineering boots, fly fishing wading boots, specialty boots, you name it.

And Rainy Pass Repair in Seattle is the best for tailoring of sophisticated sports garments -- drysuits, expensive Goretex jackets or pants, -- and repairs of any tents including high end and so on. Everyone from Arcteryx to Hilleberg recommend them.

Both do mail order and both have been around forever plus a few years. They both get equipment shipped from Nepal and Patagonia (the location, not the brand). I sent a jacket for repair from Aconcagua and an offshore Goretex storm jacket from a layover in Argentina and they both got back to me at different foreign addresses three weeks later. How many repair shops can do that? The same original people and still both small shops, but they always have good turnaround and the best quality.