PDA

View Full Version : OT: Are your kids picky eaters?

johnmdesigner
12-28-2016, 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlO-UKtiPlA

This little girl is now famous in China.
We call her the "Eating Machine".
(Notice how the haircut is designed to interact with the bowl.)

Cicli
12-28-2016, 05:37 PM
I accidentally went into a golden corral once.

Nevermind.

Joel
12-28-2016, 05:57 PM
Ha! Been in the restaurant biz since age 15. Now 56.

Thought I'd seen it all.

Not! :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for a good giggle at our house!

notsew
12-28-2016, 06:23 PM
My friends kid eats like this. He will just keep eating and eating as long as there is food in front of him and he's always asking for food. Its hilarious. He looks like a little sumo wrestler, the parents are just relived because his older sister was so hard to feed they had to count calories to make sure they got enough in her.

The boy is less than two years and is bigger than my three year old. (Who is a very picky eater - much to my constant frustration.)

weisan
12-28-2016, 07:08 PM
This is ample proof that there's such a thing called reincarnation. :eek: :D

JAllen
12-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Wow. She puts it away. I feel full just watching it. The haircut is definitely for optimized speed and technique. Food doesn't get in the hair and slow the child down.

oldpotatoe
12-29-2016, 06:00 AM

That's painful to watch. The kid(PARENTS!!) has a problem that will follow her throughout perhaps a very short life.

verticaldoug
12-29-2016, 06:15 AM
We should invest in chinese health care companies. Right now, America has 89 million obese people, and China only 69million. If China can copy American living standards, we can look forward to 300million+ obese Chinese with all the related health issues.

ultraman6970
12-29-2016, 07:20 AM
Wait in a few years how thin she is going to be.

Parenting failing there.

My kids are not picky eaters but we are looking at them all the time for candies and stuff they shouldnt eat in excess... fat genes are with them and if you are not top you end up with what in my country we call "little monsters' kids.. 5 or 10 years old bigger than "fluffy". The saddest part is that some parents can't see what are they doing to them... yeah big bones... my @ss...

johnmdesigner
12-29-2016, 12:52 PM
Wait in a few years how thin she is going to be.

Parenting failing there.

My kids are not picky eaters but we are looking at them all the time for candies and stuff they shouldnt eat in excess... fat genes are with them and if you are not top you end up with what in my country we call "little monsters' kids.. 5 or 10 years old bigger than "fluffy". The saddest part is that some parents can't see what are they doing to them... yeah big bones... my @ss...

Well she seems pretty happy. If you look at the other videos she is always eating fresh fruit, raw vegetables, yoghurt. Congee for breakfast is pretty normal in China. I am only an "honorary" Chinese and sometimes I have a bowl of congee.
It's true, western junk food is out to control the world. I am amazed that she enjoys fruits and vegetables so much. I did too when I was young. I also like a good potato chip now and then but I also know the difference between good and bad. Maybe you should give the parents a little more credit.

pjm
12-29-2016, 01:58 PM
I think she's adorable. And her use of utensils is very impressive.

ultraman6970
12-29-2016, 07:27 PM
It is fine to give them credit but you cant give a 2 year old the amount of food a 200 pounds orangutan eats, cool the baby eats everything and has good manners, i give them credit for that but wonder if you have seen the amount of 600 pounds people around that actually got to that condition just because of the parents or sons that just go and feed them because are just hungry and when they notice there's a problem the solution is way out of "scale."

Have you seen jessica the worlds fattest kid??? she was 400 pounds at age 7 (thats what the video says). Look at you tube... who's to blame? Honestly it is hurtfull to see this girl, the family is to blame... would not like to see this chinese baby in that condition... it would be hurtful.

bironi
12-29-2016, 09:16 PM
I love the little gutter/food catcher at the bottom of the bib. She is tenacious.

stephenmarklay
12-29-2016, 09:31 PM
Man she is picking everything from that bone like a depression era kid.