PDA

View Full Version : New Wahoo Elemnt, missing features

DerekB
12-27-2016, 11:02 AM
I just got a new Elemnt for Xmas 😉
But only just now realized there is no odometer function. Like on every other bike computer I have ever owned. I read the threads here and the reviews and nobody spoke about this.
I did just contact Wahoo via livechat and they said they would pass it along to the app developers.
Anyone with an Elemnt found a workaround?

ptourkin
12-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Are you referring to total miles on the device? A lot of us use these computers on multiple bikes and also upload from the computer to a service that will give us a tab on each bike and also a yearly and absolute total for all mileage- such as Strava. Not sure what utility this would have for the typical computer user.

DfCas
12-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Does it have a trip odometer for each ride? I have one but have not used it yet.

dem
12-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Philosophically, the ELEMNT is very different than other bike computers. It is based on the assumption you will be using 3rd party services for most things (mileage tracking, route planning, etc.)

Personally I prefer it to the Garmin "try to do everything in a buggy and half assed way" philosophy (and indeed, should sell off my 520!) even if the ELEMNT has a few head scratchers (like structured workout programs don't exist.)

But if you are not sold on fiddling with a mobile phone app, Strava, Ridewithgps, et cetera.. this is probably not the computer for you, as the missing niggles will drive you crazy. :)

rzthomas
12-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Just sync it to your Strava account and track your mileage there. Keep your account private and use an alias if you need to.