PDA

View Full Version : more disturbing....

obtuse
07-28-2006, 10:04 PM
clean riders with way more talent, fitness, intelligence and preparedness are getting shelled even here domestically. when mark mcormack needs to be in a break-away in the first five miles to finish in the first group at toona something is really wrong.

obtuse

Grant McLean
07-28-2006, 10:09 PM
My boy moved up to 141st today!

I tell ya, watch that Canadian Jet Fuel rider Keith Moore,
he's going to grab a coke and go anytime now!

g

Vanilla Gorilla
07-28-2006, 10:09 PM
what??? Say that last part again.

Brian Smith
07-28-2006, 11:26 PM
what??? Say that last part again.

comes with an adhesive backing, and no shave required?

sorry, I love the "grab a coke" euphemism, I'm trying to spread it around the factory...

shinomaster
07-28-2006, 11:42 PM
comes with an adhesive backing, and no shave required?

sorry, I love the "grab a coke" euphemism, I'm trying to spread it around the factory...

what?

Brian Smith
07-29-2006, 12:05 AM
<url>http://m-w.com/dictionary/euphemism</url>

and/or

<url>http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=19560</url>

shinomaster
07-29-2006, 12:11 AM
***????? :crap:

stevep
07-29-2006, 05:52 AM
clean riders with way more talent, fitness, intelligence and preparedness are getting shelled even here domestically. when mark mcormack needs to be in a break-away in the first five miles to finish in the first group at toona something is really wrong.

obtuse

im not totally certain what is being said here. i can name a lot of guys in toona who are clean. including 5 of mine.
mark is a great rider who has always played his cards carefully. sometimes this works ( big wins ) and sometimes it does not. thats the way it is in bike racing. mark is the smartest racer in the us over the last 5-6 seasons but toona is a very hilly and challenging race. not like the (former ) us pro race which is a very easy circuit and relatively easy to play cautiously and be there at the finish for a big result...and i am certain that mark is completely clean of enhancement as a racer. he is too smart to ruin his future for a few race wins.
on another note i drank 6 beers last night and slept at altitude ( on the 2nd floor in my house) to increase my testoterone levels and hemocrit. this morning i hope to shell some of my clubmates on a long ride. you will hear crying later from these guys. revenge is sweet.

Big Dan
07-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Steve, you forgot the Jack Daniels...try it again tonight!!!!!!!!!!

swoop
07-29-2006, 08:19 AM
i'm so jaded that i go to this thought:

we'll give you a patch and send you to a bar for a drink to cover any unusually high readings that might come in a test.. same way we'll leak your hip issues and same way you'll find a personal tugboat named meno-mommy.
i wasn't this jaded pre-tyler.. but i am certainly there now.

John H.
07-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Anyone know if USADA is actually at Altoona for testing?

Fixed
07-29-2006, 09:26 AM
i know a cat from here that went to super week juiced and still only came in 40 something

William
07-29-2006, 09:28 AM
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Assets/Images_Upload/wacko.jpg

;)

stevep
07-29-2006, 01:15 PM
drug testing here seems to be a joke to me.
last season one of my guys gets on the podium (3rd) at the univest. many of you may know that this is probably the hardest and most prestigious one day race in the us. 6 months later i hear that the guy who finished first tested positive for epo and testosterone in june ( the race is in sept ). 3 months after that i hear from the promoter of another race that the guy who finished 2nd tested the same and had been banned from a july race. details are vague because they have never really been publicised.
these 2 guys had both tested positive months before the race and seemingly had never been sanctioned at all until way after the season ended.
in the end my guy won but was never really acknowledged other than the promoter telling me that my guy is clean ( which i knew anyway ) and the other guys were not.
its all very half assed here... maybe lack of funds, cant say.

Louis
07-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Seems to me that it's the guys who are clean who should be complaining the loudest about the guys who are juiced. So who's out there pushing for the whole system to be revamped and straitened out? Where's the outrage?

I'm not a racer and don't hang with any, so I would be the last to know, but I do know that the system won't clean up on its own.

Louis

e-RICHIE
07-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Seems to me that it's the guys who are clean who should be complaining the loudest about the guys who are juiced. So who's out there pushing for the whole system to be revamped and straitened out? Where's the outrage?

I'm not a racer and don't hang with any, so I would be the last to know, but I do know that the system won't clean up on its own.

Louis

read -
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=236779&postcount=1
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=237211&postcount=16

John H.
07-29-2006, 02:42 PM
I have been at 7 NRC races this year- no testing at any of them.

Hysbrian
07-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I have been at 7 NRC races this year- no testing at any of them.

Thats not what I've seen. They're here ('Toona) and have had 4 people at testing (for men) every day.

John H.
07-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Glad to hear that they are testing at toona.
There was not testing at:
CVC (fresno) NRC
McClain Pacific
Redlands
Sea Otter
Gila
Mt Hood
Cascade

Archibald
07-31-2006, 05:16 PM

obtuse
Didn't his team mate win that stage? Do you think Mark's team mate is doping? I think you can't stay fast forever and McCormack is fast approaching 40.

e-RICHIE
07-31-2006, 06:17 PM
1) Didn't his team mate win that stage? 2) Do you think Mark's team mate is doping? 3) I think you can't stay fast forever and McCormack is fast approaching 40.
no.
which one?
he's just 35 atmo.

72gmc
07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
i watched mark mccormack, ryan trebon, tim johnson and adam craig ride the rest of an elite 'cross field into the weeds this last year in tacoma wa... kept telling my daughter watch trebon and johnson, it'll be one of them... i was right about the runner-up spots.

mccormack is fast and experienced and knows how to dictate rather than react, which probably gives him 2 more bullets in the barrel than many he competes against.

i'm done talking about that other subject of this thread. too much. no fun.

stevep
07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
watch johnson in cross this fall.
will be loud. guaranteed.
the kid is back.

e-RICHIE
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
watch johnson in cross this fall.
will be loud. guaranteed.
the kid is back.
is he on with stu again atmo?

stevep