PDA

View Full Version : handlebar help

ivanooze
12-24-2016, 04:40 PM
i've been in the market for a new set of bars (particularly zipp) and wanted to have a bar with an ergo shape but also a traditional drop.

i got the term "traditional" from GCN's handlebar selection video (url below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P-QynImMuo

-the reason i have been fixated on a traditional drop bar is because i want more bar to grab onto while sprinting.

-does anyone have any suggestions for handlebars that fits my description? i'm open to any manufacturer.
- as a reference point, i've tried the pinarello most carbon integrated bars which have the drop bar length im looking for

-PS. i did some research on zipp bars, it looks like the service course sl 70 ergos are the ones that closely fit my description, although i dont think the drop section of the bars are long enough.

ahumblecycler
12-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Before this thread gets messy, I am going to give you some details about a couple of Zipp bars that I have been talking with someone to buy so have details. FYSA, neither have sold yet ;)

Zipp SL traditional bend carbon fiber 42cm ctc - horizontal drop for grip is 10cm in length

Zipp SSR 42cm ctc alloy - horizontal drop for grip is 8.5cm

From experience, the longest horizontal drop for grip was on an Origin-8 carbon fiber bar. Unfortunately, the drop was too small (120mm I believe) for me to ever get comfortable on it.

Keith A
12-25-2016, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but you might check out the 3T Rotundo.

ivanooze
12-26-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but you might check out the 3T Rotundo.

that looks like the traditional bend i described.