PDA

View Full Version : NPR interview with NYU doctor

cloudguy
07-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I just listened to an interview on NPR of a doctor from NYU who is a member of the world doping agency. He said that the REAL test for Floyd will be if the testosterone in the samples is determined to be synthetic. If it is, then he's toast. He also said that any natural abberations in Floyd's testosterone would have most likely been captured in previous tests, which doesn't seem to have happenned. I wanna believe Floyd, but I just don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cloudguy

GoJavs
07-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I hope that if it is synthetic that people will believe. Unfortunately, I expect a lot of people will then just call the whole process into question and claim a conspiracy. :crap:

We don't ever seem to want to believe that our heroes cheat. Heck! Musseuw, Heras, Millar, Hamilton, Virenque, Zulle, Dufaux, Pantani, Perez, Gonzalez, Camenzind, Moreau, Roux, Rumsas, Gotti, Frigo, VDB, Chiappucci, Jeanson, etc...couldn't have cheated! No!

Big Dan
07-28-2006, 06:36 PM
It was the Jack people..the Jack.................. :rolleyes:

ti_boi
07-28-2006, 06:37 PM
I hate the whole system. It is designed for corruption.
Big money....big expectations....shady deals and then the media lurking and working to find a story...sorry state of affairs if you ask me.

Johny
07-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I just listened to an interview on NPR of a doctor from NYU who is a member of the world doping agency. He said that the REAL test for Floyd will be if the testosterone in the samples is determined to be synthetic. If it is, then he's toast. He also said that any natural abberations in Floyd's testosterone would have most likely been captured in previous tests, which doesn't seem to have happenned.

Cloudguy

I agree. The same thing we talked about: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=236909&postcount=22

The principle of the test is knowing that synthetic testosterone has a low C13/C12 (different Carbon isotopes) ratio. A very sensitive method (gas chromatography/combustion/isotope ratio mass spectrometry) is thus used to determine the C13/C12 ratio of testosterone and its metabolites from the urine samples.

Kevin
07-28-2006, 07:33 PM
How do you "inject" synthetic testosterone :eek:

Kevin

Chad Engle
07-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Intra muscular