PDA

View Full Version : OT - Steve Kerr

smontanaro
12-23-2016, 08:33 AM
Even if you aren't a basketball fan, or a fan of the Michael Jordan-era Bulls, the Lute Olson-era Arizona Wildcats, or today's Golden State Warriors, this in-depth article about Steve Kerr in the NY Times is a great read. It says a lot about one family's multi-generational dedication to the Middle East, even in the face of depressing tragedy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/22/sports/basketball/steve-kerr-golden-state-warriors.html

eddief
12-23-2016, 08:48 AM
He always just seems like the best nice guy around...from my vantage point.

roguedog
12-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Wow. Thanks for that.

mg2ride
12-23-2016, 09:44 AM
He is very likely the only person alive that has a chance of having more rings then Phil Jackson.

Winning follows him. He is the man!

How about shooting for 6 more rings in the next 12-14 years and then a run for POTUS!

Dave B
12-23-2016, 10:42 AM
This is the type of sports story I want to read. We or maybe just I, need more stories like this and less about beating wives/kids/etc. I don't want to read about millions squandered, I want to read about people who make the world interesting.

What a tremendous mind and attitude.

MRB
12-23-2016, 11:50 AM
Thank you for sharing this!
I am going to share it with my teenage son, who is a GSW fan. He will epecially the photos of the Kerr family playing basketball in their driveway, as well the photo of the Coach Kerr and team in the White House.

91Bear
12-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Even if you aren't a basketball fan, or a fan of the Michael Jordan-era Bulls, the Lute Olson-era Arizona Wildcats, or today's Golden State Warriors, this in-depth article about Steve Kerr in the NY Times is a great read. It says a lot about one family's multi-generational dedication to the Middle East, even in the face of depressing tragedy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/22/sports/basketball/steve-kerr-golden-state-warriors.html

Hey, don't forget the San Antonio Spurs! He won two titles wearing the silver and black (1999 & 2003).

54ny77
12-23-2016, 12:06 PM
Saw that yesterday when perusing the Times.

Figure this story, vs. that worthless &^!%!^%$# Kapernwhatever.

Kerr is pure class and has something meaningful to say.

ptourkin
12-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Saw that yesterday when perusing the Times.

Figure this story, vs. that worthless &^!%!^%$# Kapernwhatever.

Kerr is pure class and has something meaningful to say.

Yes, he does: "“This is America. This is what our country is about. It’s a nonviolent protest. It’s what it should be about,” Kerr said (via The Undefeated). “I think Colin has really clarified his message over the last couple of weeks.”

Kerr added: “Unarmed black people are being killed indiscriminately around the country. And that’s what happened two days ago. That’s the message. That’s what matters. The other stuff you can talk about all day. Nobody is right. Nobody is wrong.

“But that matters. Everyone should be trying to do something, whatever is in their power, to help in that regard.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/09/22/steve-kerr-defends-colin-kaepernick-expects-similar-protests-in-the-nba/?utm_term=.961336797a51

BobO
12-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Lute Olson-era Arizona Wildcats,

Lute is still tangentially involved and attends almost all home games. :D

henrypretz
12-23-2016, 05:58 PM
I hadn't seen this piece. Thanks for sharing it. I enjoyed it, including the lovely Kerr family photos.

ts0673
12-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Kerr has always been a class act - I may be a bit biased as a Wildcat alum during the Lute Olson days, but Kerr is one of a kind..and a great shooter!