PDA

View Full Version : Floyd (and Lance) Interviews on ESPN

Keith A
07-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Just finished watching some of the press conference and Landis responding some questions regarding the issue. They also have LA's response to the situation as well in which he makes a couple of comments about Lemond.

Here's the link Landis: Testosterone naturally high, not doping (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=2532396). BTW, does anyone know if Lemond has made any comments about Floyd? I couldn't tell if Lance's remarks were about new or old comments from Lemond.

Bill Bove
07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
LeMond said that a false negative is more likely than a false positive.

Why can't he just say "it remains to be seen" or something like it?

Avispa
07-28-2006, 06:17 PM
"I don't want to pass judgment until we have confirmation on the 'A' sample," Armstrong said. "I'm not going to speculate; you can get Greg LeMond to go on the air and speculate. I'm not going to do that. ... I'm not going south like Greg does. I believe in the sport, I'm a fan of it and I love it.

After reading this, I just have to wonder what Lance thinks of Matt DeCanio.... But, man. Lance just looks for every opportunity to bash LeMond, doesn't he?

GoJavs
07-28-2006, 06:18 PM
I'd like to know why Lance takes every opportunity he can to take shots at LeMond? Can't he just quit it already!

That's why tomorrow I'm going out on my Maillot Jaune and kicking Trekkie butts....

gone
07-28-2006, 06:23 PM
I'd like to know why Lance takes every opportunity he can to take shots at LeMond? Can't he just quit it already!

Possibly because LeMond takes every opportunity he can to take shots at Lance. I wish they'd both shut the f up about each other.

GoJavs
07-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I'd prefer that too. I don't think either one has the ability to change the mind of anyone on either camp. At this point, whoever believes LeMond believes LeMond and vice versa.

Big Dan
07-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Lance needs to support Landis because he is close to their "program" like he said.
Lemond wants Landis to come clean.

But LeMond said he was encouraged by this year's Tour.
"Riders looked tired, they had bad days. For years you never saw any suffering in the riders.
"Floyd, if he's innocent, he should absolutely defend himself. But if the sample is positive, I hope it's not denial, denial, denial like many other athletes have done.
"We need to clean the sport up."

At this point the better question is: who gives a rat's a$$ ?
:confused:

GoJavs
07-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Seems like Landis has decided to win the case in the court of public opinion. If he just sits there and denies, denies, denies a percentage of Americans will believe him regardless of the outcome.

It's sad.

BumbleBeeDave
07-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Possibly because LeMond takes every opportunity he can to take shots at Lance. I wish they'd both shut the f up about each other.

It's gotten so predictable!

BBD

Kevin
07-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Nobody can accuse me of taking performance enhancing drugs. I just keep getting slower, grayer and more sarcastic.

Kevin

inGobwetrust
07-28-2006, 07:39 PM

Bingo

GoJavs
07-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Sure....It's all one-sided....LeMond takes shots and poor, ol' innocent Lance just defends himself.

Give me a break guys. :crap: :crap: :crap:

gone
07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Sure....It's all one-sided....LeMond takes shots and poor, ol' innocent Lance just defends himself.

Give me a break guys. :crap: :crap: :crap:
I don't think anybody said that. I believe what I said was "I wish they'd shut the f up about each other" the implication being that both of them persist in this nonsense. Clear?

GoJavs
07-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by ghsmith54

-----------------------------

Your answer to my post attributed the problem to LeMond taking every opportunity he can to take shots at Lance.

So, it's clear to me that you chose your side. I chose mine. Clear? :argue:

Big Dan
07-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Guys have some beer and a couple of shots of Jack, you'll feel better and ride better tomorrow too.....

:beer:

gone
07-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by ghsmith54

-----------------------------

Your answer to my post attributed the problem to LeMond taking every opportunity he can to take shots at Lance.

So, it's clear to me that you chose your side. I chose mine. Clear? :argue:
My answer to the post in no way attributed the problem to LeMond taking every opportunity to take shots at Lance. You said:

I replied:

The words "each other" mean they both do it. They're both guilty of this. I don't know (or even care) who started it. They've been sniping back and forth at each other for years. As you said (and I agree with you) "I don't think either one has the ability to change the mind of anyone on either camp. At this point, whoever believes LeMond believes LeMond and vice versa." I haven't chosen a side, I meant what I said: I wish they'd both shut the f up already.

GoJavs
07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
You must be reading something different than I.

Here's what I read you said:

"...Possibly because LeMond takes every opportunity he can to take shots at Lance..."

Whatever, dude, you must be right, I must be wrong. :hello: Later.

BumbleBeeDave
07-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Nobody can accuse me of taking performance enhancing drugs. I just keep getting slower, grayer and more sarcastic.

Kevin

You?!?! Sarcastic?!? NO! That would NEVER happen! No way! EVER!! ;)

BBD

Tony Edwards
07-29-2006, 12:16 AM
I don't see how anyone can blame LeMond's Floyd-is-presumed-guilty-until-proven-innocent commentary on Lance Armstrong. I loved LeMond in his day, but it's become clear to me he is exploiting allegations against contemporary riders to get his own name in the press. Nobody, including Lance, is forcing him to stick his nose into the Landis affair, or the accusations against Lance for that matter.

shinomaster
07-29-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't see how anyone can blame LeMond's Floyd-is-presumed-guilty-until-proven-innocent commentary on Lance Armstrong. I loved LeMond in his day, but it's become clear to me he is exploiting allegations against contemporary riders to get his own name in the press. Nobody, including Lance, is forcing him to stick his nose into the Landis affair, or the accusations against Lance for that matter.

I think Lemond is just fed up with liars.

Avispa
07-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Oh boy....

Marcusaurelius
07-29-2006, 02:41 AM
"I don't want to pass judgment until we have confirmation on the 'A' sample," Armstrong said. "I'm not going to speculate; you can get Greg LeMond to go on the air and speculate. I'm not going to do that. ... I'm not going south like Greg does. I believe in the sport, I'm a fan of it and I love it.

After reading this, I just have to wonder what Lance thinks of Matt DeCanio.... But, man. Lance just looks for every opportunity to bash LeMond, doesn't he?

I think he just might be repaying Lemond for all the bashing he did of Lance not so long ago. I am not sure if Lemond was drunk when he said all that stuff about Lance or he's just always that mean and unpleasant.

Lifelover
07-29-2006, 05:44 AM
I think he just might be repaying Lemond for all the bashing he did of Lance not so long ago. I am not sure if Lemond was drunk when he said all that stuff about Lance or he's just always that mean and unpleasant.

I heard that GL is mad at LA because LA slept with his wife just out of spite!

GoJavs
07-29-2006, 06:37 AM
...I am not sure if Lemond was drunk when he said all that stuff about Lance or he's just always that mean and unpleasant....

Boy, you get around, MA. No doubt on what side you're on. LeMond, a drunk, eh? Nice, real nice. Jeez.

keno
07-29-2006, 07:20 AM
"[Michael] Jordan smiled tightly. He looked at McCallum [a writer] and then down the wall at a writer whose presence had come to irk him, raising his voice slightly. "I carry grudges.""

From "All the King's Men: Why the Tream That Jordan Built Fell to Pieces" from the Washington Post Magazine, by Michael Leahy.

What better authority for an ongoing boy cat fight in world class athletes?

Personally, I love it - a guy soap opera.

When I want maturity at resolving matters of importance, I'll go to the United Nations.

keno

Big Dan
07-29-2006, 08:06 AM

I think we are pretty sure who was doing the drinking here......
clue..it wasn't Greg.........

Cheers Marcuseelishuelehuevospendecheissimo.............. . :beer:

weiwentg
07-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Seems like Landis has decided to win the case in the court of public opinion. If he just sits there and denies, denies, denies a percentage of Americans will believe him regardless of the outcome.

It's sad.

unfortunately, a certain percentage of Americans will think, "Thou dost protest too much," and assume his guilt regardless of the outcome. if he kept silent, a certain percentage of Americans would condemn him regardless of the outcome, interpreting this as a sign of guilt. he really is between a rock and a hard place.

Kevin
07-29-2006, 01:54 PM
:beer: You?!?! Sarcastic?!? NO! That would NEVER happen! No way! EVER!! ;)

BBD

Sarcasm is contagious. Pass it on. :beer:

Kevin