PDA

View Full Version : SMP Evolution vs Dynamic?

Climb01742
12-21-2016, 12:36 PM
I've been riding an SMP Evolution for a few weeks. After much tweaking, it's really beginning to feel good. So I'm thinking of getting a second SMP for another bike.

Steve Hogg says that the Dynamic is the best SMP for the most people, so I'm curious about it. Thing is, the Evolution feels pretty good. It doesn't disappear, but after much tweaking, I think I've found its sweet spot.

So, do I get another Evolution? Or is it worth the risk to try a Dynamic if it might be better? Has anyone ridden both an Evolution and a Dynamic? How do they compare? Any thoughts appreciated.

tuscanyswe
12-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Ive ridden evolutions for quite some time. I like them for longer rides. Prefer the harder composit for most rides thats not super long. They are both great saddles tho.

I also ride a forma and have tested the dynamic. Basicly the composit is the evo without padding. The forma is the dynamic without padding but the difference is less prononced as the forma is more forgiving even without padding than the composite is, very much so imo.

Apart from padding and the slight difference in width from evo/composit to forma/dynamic its hard for me to say anything really substantial.

I can comfortably ride all 4 (i have yet only tested the dynamic for a few days only)

If i could only pick one id probably go with the forma.

dem
12-21-2016, 06:37 PM
In the reverse boat myself.. I'm trying a Dynamic and now I am waiting on a Composit to compare.

I have lots of different bikes & positions, so I figure they'll probably all work in some fashion, but yes, it is very confusing all around to determine what is "best"

(the bike I put the most miles on has an Arione R1, so obviously I'm not super sensitive to padding levels or whatever.)

beeatnik
12-21-2016, 07:03 PM
they're both hideous :p

oldpotatoe
12-22-2016, 05:42 AM
I've been riding an SMP Evolution for a few weeks. After much tweaking, it's really beginning to feel good. So I'm thinking of getting a second SMP for another bike.

Steve Hogg says that the Dynamic is the best SMP for the most people, so I'm curious about it. Thing is, the Evolution feels pretty good. It doesn't disappear, but after much tweaking, I think I've found its sweet spot.

So, do I get another Evolution? Or is it worth the risk to try a Dynamic if it might be better? Has anyone ridden both an Evolution and a Dynamic? How do they compare? Any thoughts appreciated.

If ya find one that works, I'd continue to use that one. I use the Glider, as it has less of a 'divot' in it, it is flatter than the 2 mentioned BUT YMMV..I tried Pro, Evolution and Glider..

uber
12-22-2016, 06:34 AM
The Evolution is flatter than the Dynamic. Trying a used one is not
a terrible idea if you are curious, but I agree that if you find a saddle
that works, why change. The Composit has just a covering with no
padding, so there is less of a "peak" where the sir bones rest and has
a functional wider platform. But, if it does not fit spot on, the lack of
padding offers a harsh reality check.

oldpotatoe
12-22-2016, 06:47 AM

'ATA' in concord MA is a SMP demo center.

http://atacycle.com/

at least according to SMP website.

CampyorBust
12-22-2016, 08:41 AM
Another vote for Glider. I am not big but apparently I got childbearing hips. I thought the Evolution was the one for me, nope too narrow and so was the stratos. Though I think the Dynamic might work too.

Yes they maybe a 7 out of 10 in the looks department but your butt will thank you.