PDA

View Full Version : Rotor UNO - Questions

MaraudingWalrus
12-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Real world usage of the stuff has been very limited, as is information in general. Allegedly the stuff will actually exist in the not-too-distant future.

However, perhaps somebody knows the answer to a question I have regarding it...
Was talking to a friend of mine today about it, as he mentioned he was considering eTap in the future (6-8mos down the line).

In theory, Uno should exist by then.

How would it be set up on a bike with traditional externally run cables? Every photo and review I've seen of it has been it set-up on a carbon bike, internally routed.

What about a non-plastic bike with cable stops. Anybody know what they'd have to set that up?

According to those whom I've spoken to about it that saw it at interbike, the hose is smaller than a Di2 wire, so how would that work on regular cable stops?

Am I way overthinking this and there's something obvious?

eBAUMANN
12-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Unless the hose is the same diameter as a brake or shift cable...its not going to work without physically modifying the stops.

Personally, I think the less hydraulic systems on a bike the better, but im sure others will disagree.

AngryScientist
12-21-2016, 01:12 PM
i had not even heard of this stuff.

a little confused on how it works, i'll have to read a little more to better understand.

at the outset it seems over complicated.

it's not my thing, but i can see the appeal of wireless, adding more hydraulic lines to a bicycle does not seem advantageous to me.

FlashUNC
12-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Having seen it and played with it at NAHBS, the shift housing is much thinner than brake hydro housing. Wayyyy thinner. So I could see it being routed internally without much issue.

I was surprised by it to be honest, as it was actually kinda trick. Worked well in the demo stand at least.

MaraudingWalrus
12-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Having seen it and played with it at NAHBS, the shift housing is much thinner than brake hydro housing. Wayyyy thinner. So I could see it being routed internally without much issue.

I was surprised by it to be honest, as it was actually kinda trick. Worked well in the demo stand at least.

The people that I've spoken to who've seen it, love it. But to put on an existing bike without drilling holes in it?

I'm asking questions that don't have an answer yet, I know.

wallymann
12-21-2016, 01:39 PM
The people that I've spoken to who've seen it, love it. But to put on an existing bike without drilling holes in it?

I'm asking questions that don't have an answer yet, I know.

if rotor hasnt thought of all this and addressed same, no matter how well it works they havent earned our business!

MaraudingWalrus
12-21-2016, 01:55 PM
if rotor hasnt thought of all this and addressed same, no matter how well it works they havent earned our business!

I would imagine they've thought of it, given it is Rotor. But I haven't seen anything in any publications about it