PDA

View Full Version : Phil is a dweeb...

bostondrunk
07-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Just listened to the CNN interview with Phil Ligget. I love his comments about how Landis was punching the air and wanting to punch anyone who approached him after the stage, and that that is an indicator of testosterone use........
hell, why not bring up Lyle Alzado's (sp?) brain tumor while their at it................

LegendRider
07-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Just listened to the CNN interview with Phil Ligget. I love his comments about how Landis was punching the air and wanting to punch anyone who approached him after the stage, and that that is an indicator of testosterone use........
hell, why not bring up Lyle Alzado's (sp?) brain tumor while their at it................

Please tell me he didn't really say that.

BumbleBeeDave
07-28-2006, 02:31 PM
. . . he's reaching a loooooooooooong way there. Unfortunately, though, it's also just the kind of tangential, nebulous, unproven, unproveable, type of offhand remark that quickly gets picked up on as the "truth" and further "proof" by morons everywhere . . .

BBD

Erik.Lazdins
07-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Anyone who has ridden until crosseyed and then had someone get in their face knows that you WANT AIR AND SPACE around you.

I've seen other riders do the same thing.

Fixed
07-28-2006, 02:34 PM
it might be time for him to retire
cheers
bro every crit i race there are guys yellin heck they act like that on group rides .

BdaGhisallo
07-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Yep, I think it's funny that Phil didn't make the same vein of comments back in 1987 after the final time trial in the Tour when Stephen Roche crossed the line to clinch his likely gc win. He was just getting off the bike and his team guy was just about to see to him when a photog yanked the team helper out of the way to get his shot. Good old Roche shouted at him, and when that didn't resolve things, leaned in and belted the photog upside the head! It was fantastic to see.

But very odd how there was no mention of testosterone use by Roche. I guess Phil, having only covered about seven or eight Tours to that point, didn't feel he had the credibility to pronounce guilt on such flimsy evidence.

I gotta say he is making me sick these days. I really do wonder if he gets or got a monthly stipend from Lance and the Disco boys for his coverage and Lance worship. Impartial journalism left his little world many moons ago!!

Bill Bove
07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Who said in an earlier post? FloydRage :confused:

Don't go floyd on me man.

He just floyded out.

Got my floyd face on...

vaxn8r
07-28-2006, 03:26 PM
You mean like this:

e-RICHIE
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM
You mean like this:
POTM
ps - don't mess with gecko atmo.

Big Dan
07-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Phil is the closest thing cycling has to Jesse "the body" Ventura..... :cool:

Bill Bove
07-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Phil is the closest thing cycling has to Jesse "the body" Ventura..... :cool:
Cool. Can we draft him to run for governor here.

Samster
07-28-2006, 04:52 PM
hell, why not bring up Lyle Alzado's (sp?) brain tumor while their at it................perhaps the sting of PL's "david millar fanclub" days hasn't yet worn off?

neverraced
07-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Phil is the closest thing cycling has to Jesse "the Robbie" Ventura..... :cool:
Fixed it for you.

L84dinr
07-28-2006, 06:02 PM
there were a few roid rage comments made yesterday. Perhap Phil is lurking under pseudonyms here on the board as well.