PDA

View Full Version : Question on Floyd's test/epi level

Russell
07-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Would the UCI or WADA (or anyone) have a record of Floyd's baseline testosterone/epitestosterone ratio? If his normal level is above the 4:1 limit would he still be considered positive if he tested above the WADA limit? Also, will the actual numbers from the test be released to the public?

Grasping for straws.

LegendRider
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Would the UCI or WADA (or anyone) have a record of Floyd's baseline testosterone/epitestosterone ratio? If his normal level is above the 4:1 limit would he still be considered positive if he tested above the WADA limit? Also, will the actual numbers from the test be released to the public?

Grasping for straws.

His test showed 11:1 according to an ABC report.

Russell
07-28-2006, 01:48 PM
His test showed 11:1 according to an ABC report.
that's not good

LegendRider
07-28-2006, 01:50 PM
that's not good

Maybe it's so out of whack it implies an error. Who knows? But, I suspect we'll all get an education on the subject over the course of the next few months.

Needs Help
07-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Would the UCI or WADA (or anyone) have a record of Floyd's baseline testosterone/epitestosterone ratio?
Presumably, if he had ever tested above 4:1(or 6:1) before, he would have been accused of doping and investigated.

ESPN reported that his absolute testosterone level was not high--it was his absolute epitestosterone level that was abnormally low causing the ratio to be out of whack.

catulle
07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
With all that testosterone I wouldn't want to be Floyd's roommate. :no:

Sandy
07-28-2006, 03:37 PM
With all that testosterone I wouldn't want to be Floyd's roommate. :no:

Heck, you might not even want to be his bicycle! :)

:) Simple Sandy :)

Dekonick
07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
must be one stiff frame...