PDA

View Full Version : Frankenbike... IT LIVES!!!!

ergott
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Wow, I feel like a kid again. My bike is way cool. It has names like Thud-Buster and PSYLO and RAM! I took the bike on its maiden voyage today. I actually left the car behind and took my bike to run an errand and it felt great. I didn't look at my average speed, I didn't pay any attention to my cadence, hell I was wearing flip flops for heaven's sake! That's right no lycra to be found. A pair of shorts and a cotton tee for me. How liberating.

The ride. Smooth as can be. Pedal bob up the wazoo when standing! Shifts are crisp as freshly burnt toast (gotta love Ulterga). One of my tires (measured in inches, not that metric crap) has a wiggle that made the front end shimmy. The brakes squeeked a bit. Overall, I loved it.

The best part is this is a do-all kinda bike. If I need a trail bike, BOOM, if I need to take my son somewhere, BOOM (that's a child seat rack on the back). If I want to ride with the family or friends, BOOM. If I want to go real fast, well, I've gotta an Ottrott for that. If e-Ritchie and Zank (all you Northerners, JasonE, you too) promise to come on down for a cross race (LI), I promise to race it (baby seat and all)! Come on down and see the fun! I promise, I won't win.

You guys gotta get a fun bike. This thing reminds me of what I looked for in a bike when I was 10. It's got cool colours and cool stickers, and it looks real cool and all! You've got a problem with my gay-bars? My bike can beat up your bike so watch what you say around it.

bike can be found in the image gallery
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?p=236827#post236827

zank
08-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Count me in!

ergott
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Ummmm, I didn't think you were going to really take me up on that!!??

Alright, my word is bond, yo. Now if you can talk some more guys into coming we can make it another Serotta meeting. Just think, Ban can bring their cross fleet for demos (hint, hint)!! Good place to bring out something new it they got it.

:beer: :beer:

Serpico
08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
I had a single-speed Karate Monkey, same idea

braze-ons for literally everything, 29er, army green paint, brooks saddle and salsa wheels--nice rig