PDA

View Full Version : Ordering rims

Bud
07-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm about to order some Velocity aerohead rims for my first wheel building project. So far, the best prices seem to be from superspokes.com (about $47 each). Has anybody ever ordered from them? Their website is a bit annoying. Feedback? How about Spin Lite? They have decent prices too (about $55 each).

Thanks for any info/advice. . .

tbushnel
07-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I have built only one wheelset with supplies found locally, but I am getting ready for another set and I have been looking at,

http://www.wheelbuilder.com/

I am mostly looking for a source of spokes and I talked with Rich at wheelbulder.com briefly and he seemed helpful and interested in my business (however small the order). He said he would double check my spoke length calc based on my chosen rim and hub before shipping. I haven't ordered yet, but I am pretty sure I will order from him when I do.
Cheers,
Ted.

cdimattio
07-28-2006, 11:39 AM
The Velocity website has a list of online and local dealers.

I have ordered Velocity products from Superspokes without incident. I am in full agreement that the website can be annoying.

I would second the recommendation for Rich at Wheelbuilder.com Decent pricing and especially helpful for even small spoke orders.

Bud
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys. Yes, I found superspokes and Spin Lite from the Velocity website dealers list. I'll look into wheelbuilder.com as well.

SneakyFast1
07-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I ordered a wheelset from SpinLite (Aerohead/Dura-Ace with the OCR rear rim). I talked with them on the phone and they were very helpful and delivered the built set quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Douglas