PDA

View Full Version : Polygraph for Floyd?

OnceFast
07-28-2006, 06:57 AM
While I'm not a huge fan of these things, have any of the accused riders who have denied taking drugs, Tyler etc., ever taken one of these things? Maybe cycling should require anyone who tests postive to submit to one as a condition of racing. It's not 100% accurate, but neither are the drug tests. However, if the drug test and the polygragh agree, that's a very high probability of guilt. Besides, it might act as a deterrent if riders knew they were going to have to take one.

stevep
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
it can often be the case that these guys do not know what they are being fed. "we're increasing the iron in your blood... you show an iron deficiency.."
might be something altogether different.
the lie detector test needs to be for the doctor..not the rider.

as for me...i drank a beer the other night and rode like 10 men this morning...

fiamme red
07-28-2006, 09:51 AM
the lie detector test needs to be for the doctor..not the rider.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/1c9dfc7e6a97d12b

"Suggestion for cycle-race podiums: In analogy of F1 where the national anthems of the driver and the engine-factory are played it might be suitable to include the anthem of the team doctor."

Too Tall
07-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Stevep - Regarding your beer comment....In unix programming and in life order is important.
PS - could I make a more obscure joke than that today? I think not ;)

adavis
07-28-2006, 09:55 AM
There was a quote from him on the Today show. He stuttered on his response when asked if he ever took performance enhancing drugs.

It went something like "....ummmm....I'll say no"

I would like to think he would be above the temptation, but he didn't do himself any favors.

Grant McLean
07-28-2006, 09:56 AM
I saw this quote in a letter on cyclingnews,
i don't know why I didn't think of it before:

"Everybody cheats. I just didn't know."

"Well, now you do."

- once naïve cyclist Dave Stoller (breaking away)

g

Erik.Lazdins
07-28-2006, 10:18 AM
I saw this quote in a letter on cyclingnews,
i don't know why I didn't think of it before:

"Everybody cheats. I just didn't know."

"Well, now you do."

- once naïve cyclist Dave Stoller (breaking away)

g

Isn't he the guy on the cool bike that drafted a semi at 60mph?

PaulE
07-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Isn't he the guy on the cool bike that drafted a semi at 60mph?

In the small ring, I believe!

Frustration
07-28-2006, 10:47 AM
it can often be the case that these guys do not know what they are being fed. "we're increasing the iron in your blood... you show an iron deficiency.."
might be something altogether different.
the lie detector test needs to be for the doctor..not the rider.

as for me...i drank a beer the other night and rode like 10 men this morning...

Some might roll their eyes at the thought that you could be given drugs without knowing, but I have first hand experience with it... College in the early 80's when juice was still legal, I found several years after the fact that several people got quite a bit more than b-12.

When you're young and developing and were enough of a tallent to have always out performed, it's very easy to simply associate the gains to your own natural progress.

BUT that's a young riders semi valid excuse

If you are a fully developed rider that suddenly gets a substantial performance boost...