PDA

View Full Version : F3 vs Supersix Evo HiMod (see post #9)

TronnyJenkins
12-10-2016, 05:00 PM
I've been riding my F3 for a year and a half now and it's a great bike. I just bought a Cannondale Supersix Evo Himod from a friend for a really good deal, but mostly because of how it's equipped. Any thoughts on how these two will compare? Poor weather has not allowed a ride on the Cannondale.

Also, not that it's my main deciding factor or anything, does anyone know the weights of both framesets by chance?

F3 is a '15 and Supersix is a '16 I believe.

Hilltopperny
12-10-2016, 05:24 PM
The supersix hi mod is one of the best production bikes around. It's the only carbon bike I regret getting rid of. No experience with the felt, but a supersix high mod is a tough bike to beat.

Benneke
12-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Cannondale advertised the Himod with a frame weight of 695 grams when it first came out, but it depends on the paint scheme.

kramnnim
12-10-2016, 08:03 PM
F3 is their mid tier model... FRD would be more comparable to the Evo Himod. 200-300g difference in frame weight?

I bought an Evo Himod here because it was cheap and it had 9070... Haven't ridden it in months because my saddle bag is on my other bike. It would take a minute to move the bag over, but...maybe that says something about how much I prefer my other bike. (Ridley Helium with mechanical SR)

ahumblecycler
12-10-2016, 09:00 PM
The question comes down to geometry: do you like it long and low OR more proportional? The FELT will be long and low, and I long for a FC (one day maybe). I had a 54cm Evo, and I confess I loved the bike minus the fact that I could not get low enough (I rode a Fizik Snake 42cm so good drop).

shovelhd
12-10-2016, 09:13 PM
The question comes down to geometry: do you like it long and low OR more proportional? The FELT will be long and low, and I long for a FC (one day maybe). I had a 54cm Evo, and I confess I loved the bike minus the fact that I could not get low enough (I rode a Fizik Snake 42cm so good drop).

Exactly. The F3 is more of a race bike. The Super Six has a taller head tube. I love my Fc. I will replace it with an F1.

TronnyJenkins
12-10-2016, 10:14 PM
I should have mentioned sizing notes:
My F3 is a 56cm with 100mm -17 stem with 2cm spacers.
The Evo is a 54cm (54.7cm TT) with 110mm -6 stem and probably the equivalent spacers.

Interesting to note the geo difference. I guess I never realized the Felt is long and low.

Oh ya, and it's the Cobalt blue with teal lettering colorway.

oldpotatoe
12-11-2016, 06:15 AM
I should have mentioned sizing notes:
My F3 is a 56cm with 100mm -17 stem with 2cm spacers.
The Evo is a 54cm (54.7cm TT) with 110mm -6 stem and probably the equivalent spacers.

Interesting to note the geo difference. I guess I never realized the Felt is long and low.

Oh ya, and it's the Cobalt blue with teal lettering colorway.

The blue one will be a faster bike...:);)

TronnyJenkins
12-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Revisit:

I've taken the Evo out on a few good, fast rides and it is one stiff bike. I swapped the Enve 4.5s onto the Felt to give it a fair run and it feels fantastic on all road types. All n+1 jokes aside, is it frivolous to have both a crit bike (thinking Cdale) and road race bike (Felt)?

kramnnim
12-31-2016, 03:35 PM
Maybe, but that's okay.