PDA

View Full Version : Hit While Running

jckid
07-27-2006, 02:43 PM
I was out for my morning run, and was hit by an SUV while I was in the crosswalk. I still can't believe it! I'm headed to the doctor to have my injuries checked out--hip, knee, back, and neck. I just can't believe it.

ShortRider
07-27-2006, 02:50 PM
that you got the license plate of the vehicle, and make a police report! People are just soo stupid with their cars, apparently unaware that a vehicle can kill, or don't care.

neverraced
07-27-2006, 03:09 PM
I'll bet they "didn't see" you.

jckid
07-27-2006, 06:16 PM

Yes, I guess I must be invisible! Luckily nothing is broken, but it will take time for my injuries to heal.

Grant McLean
07-27-2006, 06:31 PM

yes, they didn't "expect" you to be there.

i only see what i expect to see too. :rolleyes:

hope you're on the mend soon.

g

ShortRider
07-27-2006, 09:43 PM
But you should file a claim with the lady's insurance anyway, for at least your medical bills, if not for pain and suffering. The way I see it is, if people don't pay for their "not seeing," they will never take the care they should take while driving. There are just too many people being killed by drivers who "don't see," who "only had one beer," who paint their toe nails while driving, not to mention those that are fighting with their SO's while driving... It is just wrong. Driving is a responsibility and a privilege, and people just don't take enough care when they do it. Maybe if they actually paid something, either in jail or via their pocketbooks, they will start to realize it. :no:

Fixed
07-27-2006, 10:29 PM
bro i am scared to run that is a dangerous sport ..
the cops think you stole something
don't want to end up like rodney king
cheers

Grant McLean
07-27-2006, 10:43 PM
But you should file a claim with the lady's insurance anyway, for at least your medical bills, if not for pain and suffering. The way I see it is, if people don't pay for their "not seeing," they will never take the care they should take while driving. There are just too many people being killed by drivers who "don't see," who "only had one beer," who paint their toe nails while driving, not to mention those that are fighting with their SO's while driving... It is just wrong. Driving is a responsibility and a privilege, and people just don't take enough care when they do it. Maybe if they actually paid something, either in jail or via their pocketbooks, they will start to realize it. :no:

Hitting a pedestrian is a big deal for the drivers insurance. My bud's sister
"almost" hit a lady a few years ago, and the woman was very shaken, and
police made a report. Her insurance went to $8k a year for about 4 years.

g

SpaceOdyssey
07-28-2006, 04:48 AM
I feel a Meivici coming on.... ;)

Seriously Jeri, glad to hear that nothing is broken. Hopefully you'll be up and about soon.

B