PDA

View Full Version : correct information!

ada@prorider.or
07-27-2006, 08:33 AM
here we supply a email from smithsonium museum

since carbonsports copy our wheel design and want to give you the impression that their wheels are in this musuem wich are not,these are ADA wheels,we do this to prevent that you get the wrong impression

cees beers

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 12:20 PM
To: 'info@salden.nl'
Cc: McQuaid, Matilda
Subject: Lightweight Wheels

It has come to my attention that you have a page on your website
indicating that Lightweight Wheels are on display at Smithsonian's
Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, as part of our exhibition
"Extreme Textiles: Designing for High Performance." Lightweight wheels
were not included in the exhibition; ADA wheels were shown. was part of the exhibition here in New York, which
closed last fall, and at its second venue, the Wexner Center for the
Arts in Columbus Ohio. The exhibition will close there on August 13,
after which time none of the aforementioned items will be on display at
the Smithsonian. If you would, please correct or remove the information
from your website.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Susan Brown, Curatorial Assistant

Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum

2 East 91st Street

New York, NY 10128

Jason E
07-27-2006, 09:05 AM
there = location (I am here, you are there)
their = possessive (It was my wheel, but now it is their wheel)
they're = they are (they're afraid of strawberries and hamsters)

your = posessive (it is your wheel)
you're = you are (You're a cool wheelbuilder)

Perhaps this will help clarify your posts.

It took me a few times to know what you were saying. Now I get it. I think. Cool!

ada@prorider.or
07-27-2006, 10:13 AM
pff english sorry if typed wrong wording

JasonH
07-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I can't tell if I just don't understand the post or don't care, or both. I think both.

Big Dan
07-27-2006, 10:42 AM
ouch........ :p

deechee
07-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I think he/she's basically saying that some people believe that the smithsonian is showcasing "lightweight" brand wheels but in fact they're ADAs'. That's all.

So the English isn't good - the company is dutch, why so harsh? they're sweet looking wheels and hubs... not that I'd ever be able to afford them. Unless I won the lottery. even then, maybe I'd buy them as a gift to someone who actually has some talent... definitely not me... 800 gram wheelsets (http://www.prorider.org/whatsnew.html) ... that is craaaazy.

gdw
07-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Cees. Why do you keep posting crap like this?

Frustration
07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
At least this time it's a third party source clarifying something...

Serpico
07-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I would be frustrated too. He has a product with the honor of being showcased in some of the most prominent museums, and one of the museums is advertising it as being a product from one of his competititors.

Anyone would be frustrated.

gdw
07-27-2006, 11:09 AM
I understand his frustration but this forum isn't the place to discuss it.

zap
07-27-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm impressed that a museum in the US is going after what appears to be a dealer in Holland.

But what I would like to understand is why Cees says Carbonsports copied ADA when Carbonsports purchased Lightweight from 2 old(er) gentlemen who have been building this type of wheel since the mid 90's.

goonster
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Apparently Cees has some kind of long-running feud with Lightweight (since acquired by Carbonsports) which occasionally involves squabbles over whose wheels appear in prominent settings, such as the '97 Tour, etc.

Brief interview with the "other guys" (in German, from '03) is here (http://weightweenies.starbike.com/articles.php?ID=56).

I agree: this forum is hardly the place for this kind of unsolicited announcement. If a bunch of us were raving about the wheels we saw at the Smithsonian exhibit, then maybe . . .

swoop
07-27-2006, 11:24 AM
good job cees. it's nice to see you get the love you deserve.

goonster
07-27-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm impressed that a museum in the US is going after what appears to be a dealer in Holland

Perhaps they were gently reminded by "somebody"

But what I would like to understand is why Cees says Carbonsports copied ADA when Carbonsports purchased Lightweight from 2 old(er) gentlemen who have been building this type of wheel since the mid 90's.

Those old German guys acknowledge (in the interview link I posted above) that they had a business relationship of sorts with Cees in the mid 90's.