PDA

View Full Version : Easton EC90 crank reviews

91Bear
12-05-2016, 12:04 AM
I have read some really bad reviews for these cranks. Anyone have personal experience with them?

hummus_aquinas
12-05-2016, 12:23 AM
I ran a pair of them circa 2010-11 or so. They were great until the spindle started to separate from the body of the drive side crank arm.

pcxmbfj
12-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Easton is now part of RaceFace.
I could not find much support for an Easton Haven rear wheel problem here on the East Coast.
No dealers outside of Canada for US support.

CampyorBust
12-05-2016, 07:26 AM
I have also herd they are sucky. The wheels are also meh at best but they still roll so thats nice.

jtbadge
12-05-2016, 08:32 AM
The new Easton EC90 SL cranks look really nice. Not sure there are too many real world reviews yet.

http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Easton-EC90-SL-carbon-crankset-details14-600x400.jpg

.RJ
12-05-2016, 08:41 AM
No dealers outside of Canada for US support.

Just about any local shop can be an easton dealer - mine is, and have had no problem getting hub parts, rims, etc - so this isn't easton's problem. Their email tech support is fantastic too.

The cranks are pretty similar to the Raceface Next MTB cranks, which get good reviews.

Fatty
12-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Just about any local shop can be an easton dealer - mine is, and have had no problem getting hub parts, rims, etc - so this isn't easton's problem. Their email tech support is fantastic too.

The cranks are pretty similar to the Raceface Next MTB cranks, which get good reviews.

I personally didn't have much luck with Easton's customer service. This was with an issue I had with an Easton wheelset. The outfit that sold me the bike/wheels was ready to help, told me they didn't get the greatest service either. Ended up fixing the problem myself and was an easy fix but, who wants to fiddle around brand new stuff. Not me.

cdn_bacon
12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
sold mine. didn't like the way they rotated. Bad Q factor for me or something. Never sat right. Light as air, but didn't help me at all.

sandyrs
12-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Y'all do realize there are at least two very different cranks (the 2010ish ones and the 2016 ones) sold under this name with almost nothing in common, right?

fishbolish
12-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Rode a set of the older style carbon Easton crankset untill the drive side carbon spider smeared on the bb spindle (Easton wasn't much help )

& That crankset replaced a time carbon crankset that did the same thing( time wasn't much help concerning the crankset)

Running a rotor 3d crankset now....

pcxmbfj
12-05-2016, 03:23 PM

Your shop did not show in a dealer search on the RF-Easton website. Couldn't even find the USA in country listings.