PDA

View Full Version : thank you for mtb off I40 suggestions, couple pics

jimcav
12-03-2016, 06:41 PM
I got delayed so could not get to Sedona before dark, so I just rode Yuma, which is old stomping grounds for me, but super fun and mostly flowy with lots of loose rock and some short tough burst to keep you on your toes.
I stopped in Santa Rosa NM (yep LONG drive from San Diego in one day with a 2hr mtb thrown in)
Next day drove to Palo Dura Canyon state park--rain threatening but I got another 2 hours in. Really scenic. Planned to stop in OK or MO to ride the next day, but again RAIN, so i just drove through the night to my mom's in Indiana, another LONG day--left Santa Rosa at 9am and got to my mom's at 630 am. I don't think i have these long drives in me anymore. Going back I hope to try trails at St James MO, then to Palo Dura again, then Sedona, then home. that should be 3 drives all under 10 hours, which are so much more enjoyable to me.

jimcav
12-03-2016, 06:51 PM
sorry for crappy pics, easy access off I8 and the trail parking is right along the colorado river (aka canal) by the county landfill/transfer station. the big ridgelines are a blast to ride
jim

Peter P.
12-03-2016, 07:10 PM
That ram has got some SERIOUS traction!

weisan
12-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Nice, Jim pal!

jimcav
12-03-2016, 08:16 PM
That ram has got some SERIOUS traction!

but they really can move up the hills and rocks, amazingly