PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Full finger gloves and use phone

jimcav
12-03-2016, 03:33 PM
My buddy has just created a line of gloves and while not specific for cycling I have to say I love them. I like finger protection for mtb but hate taking gloves off to work my phone, which I frequently check and take pics with while riding
Philleywood is the brand. I think there is facebook and instagram, but no website yet. This is a pre-production sample. Entirely Made in USA of goat skin except the smart phone swipe pads at Korean sourced. I think pricing will be Rapha-esque but they were incredibly supple and made my ride more enjoyable

unterhausen
12-03-2016, 03:45 PM
if I have bare wrists, I don't think I need full-finger gloves

malcolm
12-03-2016, 04:05 PM

I always wear full fingers on the mtn bike with arms bare. My fingers on the bars are more exposed than my wrists/arms. Granted still get scratches on the arms and bump the occasional tree with the upper arm and shoulder.

Jim I can find them using woodcutcabin, can you post a link

thirdgenbird
12-03-2016, 04:19 PM
What do the tops look like?

Colors?

JWDR
12-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I ride in full finger Giro gloves for both road and MTB. I find when my gloves are damp from perspiration or the atmosphere they work fine for touch screen. Worst case scenario I just end up licking them. I haven't died from dysentery or peanut allergies yet.

stephenmarklay
12-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Website?

jimcav
12-03-2016, 06:25 PM
What do the tops look like?

Colors?

those are my names for the colors, he probably has real color names. He is developing other styles, fingerless etc
Pic:

jimcav
12-03-2016, 06:29 PM
I ride in full finger Giro gloves for both road and MTB. I find when my gloves are damp from perspiration or the atmosphere they work fine for touch screen. Worst case scenario I just end up licking them. I haven't died from dysentery or peanut allergies yet.

i like real leather gloves and they have never worked before, these worked really well. I don't know about licking, though

jimcav
12-03-2016, 06:29 PM

i think it is the modern wide bars on mtb
jim

Tony T
12-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Many cycling gloves are now Touchscreen Compatible

rkhatibi
12-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Built into the product is always great. However odd that no one has mentioned conductive thread which is quite popular with the motorcycle crowd.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/640

jimcav
12-04-2016, 06:32 PM
I always wear full fingers on the mtn bike with arms bare. My fingers on the bars are more exposed than my wrists/arms. Granted still get scratches on the arms and bump the occasional tree with the upper arm and shoulder.

Jim I can find them using woodcutcabin, can you post a link

Philleywood is the brand sorry! The woodcutcabin was part of email info; the website is Under Development, but there is facebook and instagram up

jimcav
12-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Many cycling gloves are now Touchscreen Compatible
I gave up on full finger gloves (except when i lived in areas with cold winter riding) because i couldn't find real leather--i tried a few different brands, but just gave up and used fingerless gloves, but now that i mainly MTB and don't road bike much, I was back in search mode and was discussing this at Thanksgiving and my friend just happened to have these as part of the line he is doing.
I like the cut of these (don't know the correct sewing/design term, but each finger has top, bottom, and side panels; so the fit is great. I also like very much that it is made in USA.