PDA

View Full Version : Forum member discount for Switchbacks

velotel
12-03-2016, 03:21 AM
Christmas creeping up, my stock of books has gotten small, decided to offer a discount to forum members to clear out the last of the books. For those of you who are new to the forum or maybe never happened to see past posts on my book, it’s called Switchbacks, Vol I. It’s about riding lesser known cols here in the french Alps, small roads, the kind most of you would love to have immediately at hand. Lots of the cols are relatively unknown even to french riders.

Anyway, it’s a good book, large format, 195 pages, couple hundred plus color photos, maps (though admittedly not great maps), plus a bunch of small chapters on related subjects, like riding with the son, getting old on the bike, stuff like that. People seem to like it. Makes for a good gift if there’s some cycling friend you want to treat this Christmas. Or a good gift for yourself.

You can order the bike at velodogs-publishing.com and if you enter paceline in the discount line, you’ll receive a 12$ discount. Like I said there aren’t all that many books remaining and I have no intention of reprinting it so here’s your chance to pick up a fine cycling read for a good price.

Neil
12-03-2016, 03:29 AM
I'm in the UK- same link to buy?

velotel
12-03-2016, 03:34 AM
I'm in the UK- same link to buy?
No, send me a private message with your e-address. I can send you one directly from France, payment in euros of course.

weisan
12-03-2016, 04:06 AM
Just ordered my second copy, gave my first copy to a friend, thanks Velo pal!

bruin11
12-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Thanks.

velotel
12-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the orders, much appreciated.

Bwana
12-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Ordered! Wonder if it will fit in my stocking. :p

thwart
12-05-2016, 10:14 AM
For some reason haven't got around to ordering a copy, but now I have... it'll give me something to dream about this winter.

Mzilliox
12-05-2016, 10:36 AM
great, just ordered 2

echelon_john
12-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Velotel-pal--
If I want to order 4 copies, it's only letting me apply the $12 discount once. Possible to apply to all 4?
Thanks,
JC

velotel
12-05-2016, 11:45 AM
No problem. You'll just need to order it 4 times unfortunately. I looked and didn't see anyway to apply the discount to each book, at least not without contacting the service and asking how. Easier to just order it 4 times. I have no idea how multiple orders would, if the case, change the mailing cost. Sorry about that. If I was in the states and mailing the books myself I'd work it out for you but here I am in France so...

Cheers

weisan
12-05-2016, 07:58 PM
john pal, maybe you can email the publisher directly and see if they are willing to apply the discount to individual books but give you a cheaper bulk shipping rate.

velodogs@outlook.com

echelon_john
12-05-2016, 09:15 PM
thank you--will do.

john pal, maybe you can email the publisher directly and see if they are willing to apply the discount to individual books but give you a cheaper bulk shipping rate.

velodogs@outlook.com

velotel
12-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Looks like everyone should have received their books by now so thanks for your orders. Good reading and riding to all

RedRider
12-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Received my copy yesterday... A beautiful book now on our coffee table in the shop. It was shipped fast and very well packaged. Thank you!

SleepyCyclist
12-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Thanks for bumping this up - just ordered. Always loved your posts here, can't wait to read the book.

M