PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again: non-negative test at Tour!

BdaGhisallo
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10587.0.html

I love the terminology - an "adverse analytical finding" they term it. Any guesses? For once though, at least at this early stage, they are releasing no word on who it is until the B test confirms the "adverse analytical finding". Maybe they are respecting the process and allowing the rider confidentiality until his guilt is proven or not, and not allowing him to be assasinated in the press before he is actually and legally guilty. Of course it is still early and L'Equipe hasn't had a chance to update its website and blow the due process out of the water!

Of course, with a term like "adverse analytical finding" it could be something simple like the test showing that the person who gave the sample is a female - and in a race where women are not eligible to enter! In the past some pro riders have tested positive for pregnancy at the dope control. Figure that one out!

Big Dan
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
impossible................... :eek:

Too Tall
07-26-2006, 01:40 PM
"Anti-doping tests conducted during the recently completed 93rd Tour de France have turned up an "adverse analytical finding," the UCI confirmed Wednesday."

Wow. Must be a slow news month.

Avispa
07-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Wow. Must be a slow news month.
No, Tall. They just are not the Spanish... Those guys don't hesitate to start Inquisitions!

But, didn't I say so?!! I just hope that is NOT the Floyd!

UCI says Tour ‘A' test comes up positive
By Andrew Hood
VeloNews European correspondent
This report filed July 26, 2006

Anti-doping tests conducted during the recently completed 93rd Tour de France have turned up an "adverse analytical finding," the UCI confirmed Wednesday.

The name of the rider will not be released to the public until further tests are conducted. The rider and their team, national doping and cycling federations as well as the World-Anti Doping Agency have been notified.

Under anti-doping rules, a second "B" sample will be tested to confirm the results. If both samples come up positive, the rider will face sanctions for a failed doping test. If the "B" sample comes back negative, no sanction will be imposed.

The UCI said it received a report Wednesday from the anti-doping laboratory in Paris noting the "A" sample positive taken during the 2006 Tour, but did not divulge more details.

Bill Bove
07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
He meant COCA-COLA guys...

flydhest
07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
anyone taking bets on who it is?

keno
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Munson's podium girl?

keno

Too Tall
07-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Sure I'm taking bets. They would not get ANY press unless it was #1,#2 or #3. Take your freakin' pick than reverse it 'cuase all their careers will be in question. So, let's play psych 101. When the nice man in the fireman's suit keeps finding fires...all the time...he's finding fires...he's sooooo talented at that...WHAT are we witnessing? :rolleyes:

Fixed
07-26-2006, 06:24 PM
adios carlos

Lost Weekend
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Floyds nickname is COWBOY

Fixed
07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
that would suck

gdw
07-26-2006, 08:10 PM
How many racers need to test positive before a frenchman gets a podium spot?

Avispa
07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
How many racers need to test positive before a frenchman gets a podium spot?

Ask the Spanish Police, bro... Not a Gendarme!

GoJavs
07-26-2006, 08:31 PM
It must have been Jackie Durand.

Oh, wait, he didn't ride this year did he? :)

flydhest
07-26-2006, 09:00 PM
I got a bottle of Burgundy on Gonchar.

BBB
07-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Gotta be this guy.

Lifelover
07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
anyone taking bets on who it is?

Considering this quote

"At the moment I'm concerned over the A sample result. If the B sample turns out to be positive, I'll be angry."

I would bet it is someone on the podium or in one of the jerseys.

At what point do we all just admit that we don't give a ***** and let them train and ride as they see fit.

Avispa
07-27-2006, 01:08 AM
I would bet it is someone on the podium or in one of the jerseys.

I wrote: I say it is either Rassmussen or Sastre or one of them Disco boys!
I correct: OOOPPPPSSS!!! looks like I am using this word too often lately!

Now, guys I thought the 06 Tour drama was over! Can this be one of those Tours we will be taking about for years, long after it is over?

gaxi
07-27-2006, 05:16 AM
I really hope that this news has nothing to do with the non-negative test...
News about Floyd Landis on Eurosport (http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/tour-de-france/2006/sport_sto932875.shtml)

Climb01742
07-27-2006, 05:40 AM
interesting piece:

http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/tour-de-france/2006/sport_sto932565.shtml

fstrthnu
07-27-2006, 05:52 AM
it could be anyone and everyone.

Fstrthnu

LegendRider
07-27-2006, 06:14 AM
I read that the rider's national federation has been notified and USA Cycling claims not to have heard anything. I think Floyd and the other Americans are in the clear.

Edit
From the article I saw:
The sport’s governing body did say, however, that the rider’s team and national federation were notified, as well as national and world anti-doping authorities. USA Cycling has not been contacted by UCI, spokesman Andy Lee said.

stevep
07-27-2006, 07:40 AM
we'll see, won't we.

no guesses from here... could be any of many i surmise.

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 07:42 AM
we'll see, won't we.

no guesses from here... could be any of many i surmise.
really?
discuss atmo.

Too Tall
07-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Twizzler - you really missed your calling...a radio talk show moderator?

ALL the vitamins are indicated..dang is R a vitamin? :rolleyes:

Birds do it
Bees do it
Even educated fleas do it

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Twizzler - you really missed your calling...a radio talk show moderator?

ALL the vitamins are indicated..dang is R a vitamin? :rolleyes:

Birds do it
Bees do it
Even educated fleas do it
ferrari is the real doctor joy atmo.

Onno
07-27-2006, 07:51 AM
It's curious to me that while I have come to believe that virtually all the riders are doping one way or another, I also find myself aghast when they are caught. Major cognitive dissonance.

Would the sport benefit from someone like Becky Scott, the plucky Canadian x-c skier who speaks up from within the sport against doping? She represents the beginning of peer pressure for clean competition.

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 07:56 AM
It's curious to me that while I have come to believe that virtually all the riders are doping one way or another, I also find myself aghast when they are caught. Major cognitive dissonance.

Would the sport benefit from someone like Becky Scott, the plucky Canadian x-c skier who speaks up from within the sport against doping? She represents the beginning of peer pressure for clean competition.
'been said before, and said here too.
tyler needs to rent serpico, and then
put the keys in the volvo, head to the
local cnn affiliate, get a stringer with a
hand-held, and start blabbing atmo.

if you want a different sport than the one
you now accept, this is the only solution.

Endless Goods
07-27-2006, 07:56 AM
its Kloden...

(but the Floyd news isn't "positive")

nick0137
07-27-2006, 09:11 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jul06/jul27news3

Archibald
07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
'been said before, and said here too.
tyler needs to rent serpico, and then
put the keys in the volvo, head to the
local cnn affiliate, get a stringer with a
hand-held, and start blabbing atmo.

if you want a different sport than the one
you now accept, this is the only solution.
Maybe there is nothing for him to tell other than his own experiences.

Thinking of this leads me to ask the question, "why not start with Obtuse?" Given his experiences as a professional cyclist he should step out from behind anonymity and "start blabbing" as you say. Even without the name recognition of Hamilton, he should be able to do an exposé for his local paper's sports editor and if it is good, then have it picked up by the AP. Since his racing career is behind him, he has little to lose or fear and it may be easier for him to set the example for others to follow. A sincere question.

William
07-27-2006, 09:23 AM

That could be said of any rider...Lance included.

Hamilton is in to deep with the grass roots support that he latched onto to back pedal now. His name popping up again in the Spanish affair isn't looking good for him and I'm sure making doubters of much of his fan support.

Obtuse doesn't have the name recognition that current pros do. That's where it will make a bigger splash. A current pro spilling his guts.

imho.

William

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 09:33 AM

Thinking of this leads me to ask the question, "why not start with Obtuse?" Given his experiences as a professional cyclist he should step out from behind anonymity and "start blabbing" as you say. Even without the name recognition of Hamilton, he should be able to do an exposé for his local paper's sports editor and if it is good, then have it picked up by the AP. Since his racing career is behind him, he has little to lose or fear and it may be easier for him to set the example for others to follow. A sincere question.

uh he has blabbed here. so have i. so has swoop.
i'm sure lincoln can talk about his sport too.
the issue isn't the blabbing, it's the blabber. guys
on a message board aren't the mainstream players
that'd give this story cred. only a media darling
could do that - and you know it.

Archibald
07-27-2006, 10:01 AM
uh he has blabbed here. so have i. so has swoop.
i'm sure lincoln can talk about his sport too.
the issue isn't the blabbing, it's the blabber. guys
on a message board aren't the mainstream players
that'd give this story cred. only a media darling
could do that - and you know it.
My mistake. Posting cloaked references and innuendo on a message board is blabbing but it is not coming clean. Now is the perfect time since a hard rain will be falling upon Landis for at least the next few days. Obtuse could pick up the phone, call his local sports editor and say, "I was a pro cyclist in Europe, I'm prepared to come clean and name names, let me tell you how it was." It may be only a local story at first, but if it has credence, it will grow and he can sleep at night knowing he did his part to stamp out an issue about which he is so vociferous on this message board.

Big Dan
07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
My mistake. Posting cloaked references and innuendo on a message board is blabbing but it is not coming clean. Now is the perfect time since a hard rain will be falling upon Landis for at least the next few days. Obtuse could pick up the phone, call his local sports editor and say, "I was a pro cyclist in Europe, I'm prepared to come clean and name names, let me tell you how it was." It may be only a local story at first, but if it has credence, it will grow and he can sleep at night knowing he did his part to stamp out an issue about which he is so vociferous on this message board.

You don't get it Adam, you can't mess with the posse......... :crap:
Desperate times call for desperate measures......funny how everyone that was part of the Postal/ Disco system gets caught. LA still has the best Docs... :D

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 10:07 AM
archibald-issimo...
it's (http://www.stolenunderground.com) already happened, as i am sure you're well aware atmo.

GoJavs
07-27-2006, 10:07 AM
...Posting cloaked references and innuendo on a message board is blabbing but it is not coming clean...

How about you coming clean first Archi? Who are you and where did you come from all of a sudden to become the defender of 'righteousness'?

Javier Gonzalez
Miami, Florida

William
07-27-2006, 10:13 AM
How about you coming clean first Archi? Who are you and where did you come from all of a sudden to become the defender of 'righteousness'?

Javier Gonzalez
Miami, Florida

Hey man, sombody has to get that blackberry to stop buzzing. ;)

William

harlond
07-27-2006, 10:20 AM
How many different times are they going to give the yellow jersey to Pereiro? :crap:

ergott
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM

DeCaino wasn't a big enough name. He blabbed and everyone thought he was a whiney little @!#$. You (in the collective form) will only believe and big name that can site specifics and tear down the wall. Forget Tyler,

Let's go FLOYD! Tear down the wall!!!!!!

Roy E. Munson
07-27-2006, 10:34 AM
DeCaino wasn't a big enough name.

His presentation was a little off as well.

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 10:35 AM

ergott
07-27-2006, 10:35 AM
His presentation was a little off as well.

True dat!

ergott
07-27-2006, 10:36 AM

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 10:38 AM
POTY
i moved it to here:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=19731

William
07-27-2006, 10:58 AM
... You (in the collective form) will only believe and big name that can site specifics and tear down the wall. Forget Tyler,

Let's go FLOYD! Tear down the wall!!!!!!

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to, go to the show.
To feel the warm thrill of confusion
That space cadet glow.
Tell me is something eluding you sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you'd like to find out what's behind these cold eyes?
You'll just have to claw your way through the
Disguise....

TEAR DOWN THE WALL!!!!

William

Archibald
07-27-2006, 11:08 AM

Javier Gonzalez
Miami, Florida
It appears I joined 8 months after you, so not all of a sudden. I am a casual member of this board and find it very interesting to read but due to time constraints do not make it a large part of my life. I apologize for my lack of posts. I post on topics that interest me, I do not post "me too" or superfluous messages to boost my post count, I didn't think ones post count was important.

I do not consider myself a defender of righteousness. If anything, I am only engaging in controversial debate and presenting a different point of view. I do not know why you appear to be taking it so personally, we have rarely addressed each other directly and I've tried to be both direct and polite to you.

I have no idea how knowing my complete name and where I live is helpful to you or your's to me. I have made no claims or statements as fact that can not be independently confirmed via this medium we are using. Do you really think I am Lance Armstrong?

GoJavs
07-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Nor have I EVER implied that. Where exactly did I, Archie?

Personal? Your comments? I never take anything personal from people I do not know. Not that you haven't tried repeatedly to get a 'rise' out of posters on this board...

Enjoy your fun, Archie. :hello:

Big Dan
07-27-2006, 11:24 AM
The guy is on the payroll, like those guys that push Motocabanes on the other cycling sites...... :p

William
07-27-2006, 12:56 PM
The guy is on the payroll, like those guys that push Motocabanes on the other cycling sites...... :p

http://quaranta1.chez-alice.fr/ecussons/midi_pyrenees/revel.gif

William ;)

Archibald
07-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Nor have I EVER implied that. Where exactly did I, Archie?

Personal? Your comments? I never take anything personal from people I do not know. Not that you haven't tried repeatedly to get a 'rise' out of posters on this board...

Enjoy your fun, Archie. :hello:
I don't know that you have, but others have insinuated I'm either Lance Armstrong or in his pay, directly or indirectly.

Why do you feel I'm trying to get a rise out of posters simply because I'm not stepping aboard the "Lance is evil" tour bus? I have attacked no person on or off this forum yet have been attacked and labeled a troll for questioning or not agreeing with the "party line" about Armstrong and I have ignored the more blatant attacks where the result would only be more of the same. If I make a statement it is with the intent of promoting discussion or thought. I have absorbed many comments from other members and in turn reconsidered my own. I would hope the opposite is also true. Why do you feel that I'm trying to get a rise out of people because I disagree and make no bones about it? Would you rather this forum just keep any opposing view silent?

GoJavs, I say this with kindness, but you may need to reconsider your own motivations before further consideration of mine.

e-RICHIE
07-27-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't know that you have, but others have insinuated I'm either Lance Armstrong or in his pay, directly or indirectly.

i, for one, never confused you with lance, or even
someone in his posse, entourage, or anything like
that. for me, the telling moment was when you
mentioned being a survivor, thereby validating
your points of view with that, rather than with a
particular sport or press tie-in.

GoJavs
07-27-2006, 04:28 PM
GoJavs, I say this with kindness, but you may need to reconsider your own motivations before further consideration of mine.

-----

Really Archie?

I'm sorry, buddy. I've lost interest. Goodbye. :D