PDA

View Full Version : Lighting solutions...

louielopez
12-02-2016, 07:57 PM
So, half my riding is done in the evening and I recently swapped handlebars that are way wide and weird position for the light(s) I have. Any recommendation for a particular light or solutions to my problem? Thanks!

Tickdoc
12-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Pics? Surely there is a light out there for you, and if you handlebars are that funky, there is always the helmet mounted light.

giverdada
12-02-2016, 08:07 PM
i dig the light and motion urban series of lights. been rockin the urban 500 with a ton of lumens and plenty to get around pitch black commuting in the foggy valley early morning. scared up a doe deer on monday. plenty of field of vision. multiple settings. charges well. and fits via rubber strap with many anchor holes. the bracket section is rounded plastic though, so maybe a more barfly type of mount would help you. lezyne makes good schtuff too: http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/lezyne-hecto-drive-350xl-front-light/#pid=35213

give'r.

dustyrider
12-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Color me confused. How does width of handle bar interfere with lighting options?

stien
12-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Color me confused. How does width of handle bar interfere with lighting options?

Wide front to back like an airfoil.

Depending on the bar you could use a combination out front Garmin/light mount. Also I had success clamping a niterider lumina to my stem.

weisan
12-02-2016, 09:06 PM
So, half my riding is done in the evening and I recently swapped handlebars that are way wide and weird position for the light(s) I have. Any recommendation for a particular light or solutions to my problem? Thanks!

Need further clarification.

dustyrider
12-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Aha! So it is not a light we're looking for, rather a mount for an aero bar?
I suppose everyone's got a right to save watts on the commute! ;)

I vote helmet or outfront mount or future silca kickstarter. There has to be a market for an aero light, right?

On a more serious note, I believe a forum member has a 3D printer. At least I thought I saw a thread about a custom mount recently...:confused: