PDA

View Full Version : 'cross brakes

Jason E
07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
SO I put some XT V-Brakes on my cross bike as I was using it mostly on road as a fixie this summer.

Last year there were no wet/muddy courses. A few races the temp was around 70 and sunny.

Now this may not apply to the northern 'cross ridin, but down here in the south.... Why should I switch back to canti-levers? I can actually stop now! Thoughts?

coylifut
07-26-2006, 01:19 PM
SO I put some XT V-Brakes on my cross bike as I was using it mostly on road as a fixie this summer.

Last year there were no wet/muddy courses. A few races the temp was around 70 and sunny.

Now this may not apply to the northern 'cross ridin, but down here in the south.... Why should I switch back to canti-levers? I can actually stop now! Thoughts?

if there's no mud, why bother.

Jason E
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Ha ha ha! Good point.

So instead of my brake question.....

Does anyone know how to summon the weather gods? Particularly rain?

Thanks!

zank
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
ditto. But if you plan to come to RI for Natz, I would put on cantis. It was umm...errr....a little muddy from what I remember. I am still picking mud from my eye.

coylifut
07-26-2006, 01:27 PM
don't you love it when a full two days after an uber muddy race you've still got grime streaming from the corners of you eyes.

shinomaster
07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I just got some cane creek canti's off of e-bay, as recommended by atmo. I hope they work.

zank
07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
My eyes are always extra-crusty the next morning.

don't you love it when a full two days after an uber muddy race you've still got grime streaming from the corners of you eyes.

zank
07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
I just got some cane creek canti's off of e-bay, as recommended by atmo. I hope they work.

They will.

atmo
07-26-2006, 01:56 PM
They will.