PDA

View Full Version : Lvwa carbon wheels?

TronnyJenkins
12-01-2016, 08:33 PM
I saw some cheap wheels on eBay sold (or at least in the pictures) as Lvwa. Like under $200 daily with Novatec hubs. They're tubular and unfortunately have hideous decals (hopefully that would come off), but are they worth having as a trainer set for that price? I wouldn't take them to the mountains...

Thanks.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=152333435273

oldpotatoe
12-02-2016, 05:22 AM
I saw some cheap wheels on eBay sold (or at least in the pictures) as Lvwa. Like under $200 daily with Novatec hubs. They're tubular and unfortunately have hideous decals (hopefully that would come off), but are they worth having as a trainer set for that price? I wouldn't take them to the mountains...

Thanks.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=152333435273

Max spoke tension 300KG??? Yee gads..nice translation("With solid quite release"). Obviously somebody bought a scad of these things and are ebay-ing them.

TronnyJenkins
12-02-2016, 07:16 AM
Max spoke tension 300KG??? Yee gads..nice translation("With solid quite release"). Obviously somebody bought a scad of these things and are ebay-ing them.

Hahaha. I love it.

ultraman6970
12-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Is that a tubular rim?????????????? like if the dudes just made them flat at the top just to make their life easier to manufacture and then they cut this like U in the middle to make them look like tubulars.

20/24... hmm... for that price and if you are looking for carbon tubular rims is not a bad option, buy them, unlace them and lace them to whatever you want or have moving around.

THe white well could be paint. Hope is not :D They have in black aswell... look a lot better.

cmbicycles
12-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Those are interesting looking wheels, but they do have other colors...
Tubular or Clincher? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LVWA-full-3K-carbon-fiber-38mm-bicycle-Road-Tubular-wheelsets-700C-WHR38T1L-/152337510486?hash=item237805f056:g:q6cAAOSw4GVYPg8 9)
The above link sure look like clinchers, but say they are tubulars. Cheap wheels, but you often get what you pay for, ymmv. Not too much harm in trying I suppose, but I'd rather get something that has some history of reliability.

woo
12-03-2016, 02:22 AM
I have 3 (38mm 50mm 88mm) sets all doing great.
We did a hub comparison with my Zipp vs the Novetech using a digital enhanced microphone the graph on the Zipp showed alot of movement were the Novetech was straight.
They have sapim spokes so no issues there.
Each set even comes with brake pads.
Its not how much you spend that determines what you get.

TronnyJenkins
12-03-2016, 07:39 AM
We did a hub comparison with my Zipp vs the Novetech using a digital enhanced microphone the graph on the Zipp showed alot of movement were the Novetech was straight.

I don't suppose you know about the finish? Whether the white or black, I would love to de-logo them.

doomridesout
12-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Interesting first post...

TronnyJenkins
12-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Interesting first post...

Touché

ultraman6970
12-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Hey woo... the white ones is paint or is a decal? do you know?

SoCalSteve
12-03-2016, 02:20 PM

A bit suspect, me thinks...:no: