PDA

View Full Version : Looking for routes around (south) Charleston WV

Formulasaab
11-28-2016, 01:56 PM
I am going to be in Charleston, WV this weekend to visit my in-laws and go to a Mountain Stage concert. I am considering taking a bike and doing a ride on Saturday or Sunday. However, the last couple of times I did that I got sort of varying degrees of lost. So this time I thought I would ask for some local knowledge.

In my favor, I own a GPS now. That's something I didn't have the last time I rode there.

Are there any Paceliners in or from the area that might be able to point me towards a decent road/gravel route? At least 25 miles, but not more than 40 (I'm time limited by the degree of anti-sociability the family should be inflicted with).

My in-laws live in south Charleston, on the south side of the Kanawah River, just up Chappell Rd so I'd love it if I could avoid having to ride over the river (big dangerous roads).

Thoughts?

Thanks.

gmcampy
11-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Have you searched on Ridewithgps or mapmyride

Formulasaab
11-28-2016, 02:05 PM
Have you searched on Ridewithgps or mapmyride

Yes. MapMyRide. And there are some there. But I don't have any idea who those people are. At least I choose to be (loosely) associated with you folks. They let any old fool post to those sites. :rolleyes: