PDA

View Full Version : Good high visibility wind shell?

NHAero
11-27-2016, 02:45 PM
What do you like? Not looking for rain protection, just breathable wind protection. Vent zips would be good, and high visibility required.
Thanks

rusty1200
11-27-2016, 03:41 PM
I have a sleeveless baselayer with a nylon front that is awesome under your jersey

weisan
11-27-2016, 05:28 PM
A pal threw in an orange color Giro vest for **free** together with the other stuff I was buying from him. Apparently some would consider that color hideous but it's fast becoming my favorite piece of cool weather clothing so far...

verbs4us
11-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Very happy with the Sugoi Zap Versa jacket, with embedded glass beads (https://gearjunkie.com/sugoi-rpm-zap-jacket)for high reflectance. It comes in a bright yellow. The only negative is the zipper is not two-way, and sometimes when I load up the pockets, the bottom part of the zipper unhitches. Cut on the snug side but body and sleeves are ample length (and I am close to the great apes, with very long arms). I normally take a small and I think I would have gone with a medium, to accommodate thicker winter layers underneath.

NHAero
11-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Thanks all. Went with a Louis Garneau Modesto 2, $52, seemed like a well-reviewed item on a couple of sites.

Gummee
11-28-2016, 07:33 AM
If you want REALLY visible: Bontrager Velocis Halo S1 softshell

May be too warm for you this time of year tho

I have the shorts/jersey combo and a pair of softshell tights (on the way) and its REFLECTIVE! with hi-viz panels that seem to work

...having said that, one of the new daylight visible blinky lights does more to attract attention

M