PDA

View Full Version : Paging Naples, FL Area Forum Members

FlaRider
07-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I will be in Naples from Thursday morning (July 27) through Sunday morning (July 30). I am from Miami and thus unfamiliar with the local rides in Naples. If anyone knows of any good group rides or just wants to go for a ride with me, please PM me. Thanks.

alancw3
07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
hi flarider. i live in naples but am up north right now and will not be back until late august. that being said there are two rides that i do and enjoy in naples.

first. crayton road to gulf shore blvd down to the end of port royal (this is along the gulf and the most exclusive area in naples. you could start in the pavillion shopping center and go south through pelican bay to crayton. total ride about fifteen miles.

second. vanderbilt drive to bonita beach road and then left to the gulf again and up hickory blvd to the end of fort myers beach through lovers key state park. this is a great a ride early on a sunday morning like 6:30. you want to be back on the bike lane on vanderbilt drive no later than 8:30 as traffic starts to built up on hichory and bonita beach road. again you could start this ride in pelican bay or the pavillion shopping center and go north. would be about twenty miles all toll. hope you have a great time in naples. enjoy!

FlaRider
07-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks much!

SpaceOdyssey
07-25-2006, 01:53 PM
The Caloosa Riders in Ft. Meyers have a pretty extensive web site and riding schedule.

They are a little bit of a drive from Naples but they might have some links for rides or groups in that area.

B