PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre

CarbonCycles
07-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey any of you guys have any feedback on these frames? I've done a search and came up pretty much empty. I'm mostly interested in their carbon frames more particularly the 981. From what I can tell, it appears to be a decently manufactured taiwanese frame.

adavis
07-25-2006, 10:09 AM
A friend of mine as one of their AL frames, and he likes it a lot. Don't have specifics.

dbrk
07-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I saw a slew of these in France and had a chance to roll one around for about five minutes. Okay. Fine. Another one from The Factory That Makes Them All. It looks like a reasonably well-made in Taiwan frame with all the typical shortfalls of modernity and not one particularly outstanding feature, albeit without the gimmicks du jour (like those Cervelo seatstays, Colnago "diamond" chainstays...you pick) that de rigour for current marketing.

the usual condescending carping but not without some grain of truth,

dbrk

CarbonCycles
07-25-2006, 10:44 AM
dbrk, much appreciated on the feedback. I'm finally feeling strong enough and have gotten the "ok" from the p.therapist to start spinning again since my accident. I've retired my old frame and was looking for something decent to get used to being in the saddle and would work as a great rain bike as well. So I worked with my LBS to find a frame that would suit my needs w/out putting me over budget, and sure enough, this frame came to the top of the short list.

Thanks again...

SpaceOdyssey
07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I believe Bill Bove's shop is a retail outlet for these frames.

You might want to contact him and see what information he can give you.

B

Waldo
07-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I am picking up my 999 x-light tomorrow. Planning to ride it home from the shop ~25 miles. Will let you know how it goes.

Fixed
07-25-2006, 09:04 PM
excel has them
cheers